Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Pound Stretcher quality more like !!!

Well any scathing honest opinions are most welcome. Would you pay high end prices for this mess. It's a disgrace to say the least. Easily have done a better job myself, rather than this botch up, and saved myself a small fortune in the process. I mistakenly thought i would leave it to the experts. Well how wrong was I. Censored Censored Censored

Missing grommets on replacement tow eye cover. Shaking, flapping and rattling away.

Roof rails not sitting right on 1 side and had too clip it in myself as can be seen from the photos, but it keeps popping back up again. Also rails are scratched and paints been scraped off!!

Front left and right side of roof rails. Right side seems too have the seals intact but still don't look right. Meanwhile the left side has not been fitted correctly. The rubber seal has been nipped and is trapped under the plastic moulding as can clearly be seen and what looks like glue is on the paintwork on the roofline next too it.( Looks like someone has painted over rusty metal without sanding it down, looks proper rough). There is a ball of the adhesive foam which is trapped next too the rubber seal also.

Door protectors not sitting straight if compared from back to front. Pointed out that the protectors were not sticking properly the day I picked car up. Was assured they were ok, plus i have a 3 year warranty. Well I don't want the hassle of coming back and getting them sorted. Have started too peel away now as you can see from the photos. All it will take is a rogue bit of clothing to catch on it and the whole strip will be ripped off the door Shocked

Mudflap also had to be realigned and clipped back into place, 4 mm gap. Grommet pushed back in.

Also the tow bar adjusting bolts were on only hand tight. God knows how tight they are under the chassis. Scared to tow anything.

Cars covered in swirl marks and scratched on virtually every panel. If you look there is like a 18 inch long scuff where the door protector is. Looks like mistakenly put the protector above the line and then peeled it of again. Hence reason why mouldings are not sticking properly, plus why has the paint been badly scratched?? Rubbing of glue possibly with a rough cloth. I have seen cars 10 years old with far superior paint work. Not even washed it only used snowfoam and a rinsed with the pressure washer. Cars just over 2 weeks old.

Lastly the original roof panel I got back is badly scratched. Looks like it's been grinded down or a dremil bit has been used on it?? Why?? You can see its badly scratched and the metal has been cut away. No doubt the roof will be damaged, but covered up with the rubber seal. Also a dent in the roof as well next to where the roof bars were fixed Shocked

That's all of the 6 accessories that I purchased and payed for, including fitting all messed up. Not one thing was fitted correctly. It's a disgrace. Plus for the garage too turn around and tell me I will never be happy when I queried the TV issue and premium carper mats was a cheek to say the least. Did they expect me to be happy that the car had too be towed back the day I got it??

Well I am not Censored happy after seeing the botch up they have done on the car with regards too the accessories, and yes they are right I will never be happy, especially receiving the car in this state. You would have too be on drugs too accept a mess like this. Am sure they would not be happy receiving something akin to a scrapheap challenge like this, so why should I be happy?? Censored

Ps only the side steps seem too be fitted correctly but no doubt there are grommets or covers missing. Not had it on a ramp yet. Sad

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 5th May 2017 8:13 am. Edited 2 times in total
  • Jacko
    Australia 

WTF hey Road Runner. I am really scared now. That is really really poor. Not acceptable.
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Are you having accessories fitted by a dealer in Scotland then? Seems a long way to go for a tow bar or roof rails....

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Stu, all the accessories on the car were fitted by the dealer. Everything was completed before I picked the car up. I asked for all the fixings that came off the car originally too be given back to me like clips brackets, facings, just incase a clip broke etc, so it's handy to have a few spares lying around. If I do intend to remove the roof bars or the tow bar in future when I come to sell it then I can easily do that myself. It's not rocket science mate, as been working on LR's for last 25 years. I am not sure how they are going too rectify this mess, probably get the local dealer to sort it out provided I keep the car. Why they can't have all accessories fitted at the factory is beyond me. It saves all the hassle of botch jobs like this plus would never leave the factory in this state.Rolling Eyes
  • Craigp
    England 

It seems if they are as badly fitted as you say then as they fall off fit the original part back on. In around 2 years it should be the standard car ready for resale. Laughing
    Land rover think of everything Thumbs Up
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Craig you can see the photos as proof mate, plus that photos were taken after it was snowfoamed and powerwashed.

The roof is a state- looks like glue residue- Am not touching a thing until someone at LR comes and inspects it.

Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry
  • Craigp
    England 

Really feel for you I do. On the plus side my SE is performing wonderfully.
    Sometimes less is more. Laughing
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Just rub salt in my wounds mate and kick me in the teeth why dont you - My Mrs is already giving me a hard enough time about it. Sad

I honestly wish i never bought the damn thing now as its caused so much grief and stress.!!!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing !!! Big Cry

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 5th May 2017 11:49 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • J77
    Scotland 

Craigp wrote:
    Really feel for you I do. On the plus side my SE is performing wonderfully.
    Sometimes less is more. Laughing

+ 1

Sorry mate Very Happy

I think you need to get these cowboys told once and for all and tell them to keep the car. It's faulty and the workmanship is of low standard.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Work in progress - still awaiting LR HQ to call me up with what they can do.

Such a shame its a lovely looking car, but no more First Editions left unless they specially build me a new one from scratch Sad

Unless they come up with something am afraid i will end up washing my hands of it and go elsewhere brand wise, possibly the Toyota Landcuiser. Crying or Very sad
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

I sympathise, but the accessory fitting is down to the dealer, not LR.

Also, as is clear in the accessory fitting instructions, certain factory standard bits that get removed are planned for disposal - in the sense that they may be damaged being removed, but become redundant once the new parts are fitted, e.g. the roof parts removed.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Yes i am aware of that, that its not a LR fault, plus i never saw any fitting instructions as the dealer had all the parts ordered - am just puzzled why there is so much abrasive damage and a chunk of metal gouged out. The other side is fine no marks. Does that mean the damage is hidden under the rubber seals on the roof where no one can see them. I did tell them i was going to put the parts back on the car after i sold it, so it should not have butchered like that. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 5th May 2017 3:10 pm. Edited 2 times in total
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

The paint work looks very poor for a new car.
    The roof rails are not hard to fit have the instructions if you want, but they do involve new trims and brackets as well as clips. They also clearly state where the rubber trims should sit by the front windscreen and not like yours.

In the mean time I thought you had a contact from LR who was going to help resolve the issues/reject the car?

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Its work in progress Russell. I put the photos up on here so that the contact can see for themselves the state the car paint is in and the accessories. Like you said poor paint work, you really have to see it in the flesh as the camera does not do it justice. I am not touching anything. I want them to see the state of it, plus i dont want them saying i have damaged it on purpose !! Sad

Really want to wash the car properly with a woollen mitt so that the paintwork imperfections can be seen properly. How it ever passed its PDI is beyond me. Another member on here who bought from the same garage also said his paintwork is in a shocking state. Believes they just tried to buff out the scratches with a polishing machine. Censored

Cars still got 1/4 tank full of diesel, from new, thats how much we have used it in 2.5 weeks. Sad
  • dlks151
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

RR,

Be very careful how this dealer attempts to make good the peeling side protectors !!

I had the same on my last D4 from this same dealer, when I returned the car to them to have the protector made good their repair method was to apply a heat gun to the protector, bend it back (which left a discoloured crease), and apply automotive tape to have it adhere again. Needless to say the bodge job never worked.

Last edited by dlks151 on 7th May 2017 12:23 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum