Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Boyd
    United Kingdom 

Roof rail design as D4?

Has anyone seen what the roof rail design is like and how it compares to the D4?

I ask as I collect mine in 10 days and won't have time to make new roof bar feet before heading out to the Bad Kissingen show and would love to be able to take RTT and foxwing.

Any help appreciated Thumbs Up
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

The D4 bars will not fit so you are going to need to change something I'm afraid. I had a quick look at my dealers when ordering, it looks like the rails are not tracks like on the D4. The landrover bars add significant height to the car too:

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • ESU 876
    England 

I have a light bar mounted on Thule bars. Originally on D2 (feet grabbed rails), changed feet for D3/4.
    These will definitely not fit, but replaced D2 feet and fit rails fine.

Neil
  • Boyd
    United Kingdom 

Ooooooh that is interesting, nice one.

Been looking into it further and from the best image I've found, could it be the 13MY Range Rover / 14MY Sport roof bar design?
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

I've got the roof rails and new bars. They only fit in 2 positions and aren't like the old ones at all.

Quite a robust design and no wind noice to speak of. But with a large roof box, it can only go in 1 position then you're reliant on any adjustment the roof box has as to where the bars can go. Mine sits quite far back and the tailgate hits it when opening (see my post about how you can set the height on tailgate opening on tips and tricks...)
  • Boyd
    United Kingdom 

Thanks, sounds like it isn't going to work, not easily or indeed cheaply anyway Big Cry

Might have to resort to ground tent Embarassed
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum