Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• RyanRC
    United States 

List of option's not in the US?

Hope I'm not offending any by singling my country out, but in doing research on the D5 and trying to come up with the list of options to bring to the dealer to price one out I seem to be finding a few that I see around the net that I couldn't get even if I wanted.

Interestingly I thought the operating sunroof might be one as I'm pretty sure I never saw it mentioned in the possibilities (least if it was I missed it), but then I saw a US review and that one at least had one so now I just need to add that to my list of questions for the salesman to be sure if its among something that I get that.

Anyway, I thought for other US people as the vehicle is coming for release here on the 29th, it might be useful to list out some of those.

Currently I know of:

Wading detection
    Only 1 towbar option (Option Code: 028BT)

So does anyone know of any more?

Btw if any of these are considered accessories please feel free to add them just as well.

Thanks
  • Huxey
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

From what I have determined, those are the only two big omissions. A few smaller things like First Aid kit, hazard triangle, etc.

HSE Lux TD6 Carpathian Grey, 20" Black Pack + loaded with options.
    Previously: 2011 BMW X5 MSport 35i Carbon Black
  • RyanRC
    United States 

Well hopefully that is it.

I have read many say the wading thing is a cool feature, but the sensors get dirty easy and when they do it will fail.

Most say its probably the one thing they feel was more of a waist of money then not. But then too, its only listed for a few hundred at least on the UK page so I would have liked it.

Rather odd the US DOT restricts it, can't imagine why.

The tow options I do actually miss as I'm not to sure I will like the only one I can get as I think it might stick out a bit.

Would not want to be around me the first time I whack my shin on that washing the car. Also those types seem to be the first things that start rusting on the car.

All in all not things I would have wanted such a $$$ car but I guess if its that or nothing, I have to have something if I want to be able to tow things, and is probably the best way to get all the wiring and other tech parts to that.

One other side thing I have noticed when looking at least at the UK page is in the UK they split the options up nicely. In other words to get one thing you might want in the US, you have to buy this more costly package that comes with a lot of other stuff.

Where as in the UK you can get more of just that one thing.

I guess for me its not as much of a issue as I'm going to load it up pretty full with extras, but if someone was looking to get the vehicle but just wanted specific stuff and not other to help to save on the price, they can't. I an I can say those packages add things up fast.

For me I'm defiantly looking at over a 70K build and thats without what other charges the dealer may tack on.
  • sportcoupe
    United States 

The NA exports don't get Timed Climate or Television.

Conversely, the UK doesn't get Satellite Radio or the reduced 5 seat option. All of theirs get 3rd row 7 passenger seating.

Ordered - HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Kaikoura Stone 20" Black pack + more.
    2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
  • RyanRC
    United States 

Huh, just looked up the Timed Climate as never herd of it and looks like a pretty cool feature.

Honestly I'm not sure I 100% understand all of what it does, but seems to have some kind of stand alone device under the hood that that runs off the engines fuel and has some of the coolant running through it and can be used to pre-heat and pump the cooling system enough all on its own so you don't have to run the engine, and then to I would assume it also runs the interior fans to pump in that heat.

Sounds like it would make things nice especially for people who have their cars in unheated garages but in very cold climates so they can leave it in there and not run the engine, but still get into a warmed car.

Think if I understand correctly, can some how do the same but for cooling too?

The timed part seems to be you can set a exact time every day or to some other schedule it comes on and for how long,

Really can't understand at all why that one is taken out.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum