Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• PeterW
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

My Corris Grey

A few pictures & comments of my new car.

After a few miles & gaining confidence driving.

Noticeable how well it's poised, for example accelerating then braking at roundabouts then "throttling" round a joy to drive. No lurching.

Heating stuff excellent had comments as good as "FFRR"

Media sounds excellent..... still baffled how to get the best of it (I'm a bit thick when It comes to tech)

Sat Nav brilliant just stuck in a sim (Jim) & it worked live maps same as google maps pop up & street maps ... no idea how?
    Love the speed camera (safety camera) bleep warning.

Very comfortable front seats..... turn on the cooling bit Very Happy cold nuts.
    Second row seats without a prompt was asked if they lean back they do (electric) basically once set up every one was happy ( 90 mile trip)
    Third row woof woof

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • Pollski
    United Kingdom 

Lovely car PeterW. Colours are superb. Very Happy

Saw another today in silver without privacy glass. I have to say I am very drawn to the metallics. The sun was shining and the back end looked really good too. It worked ... and I never thought I'd say that!. In fact, and this is my opinion only, it worked better than on a solid colour. I did have to do a double take (ie. make sure I was looking at a D5 and not a DS) but as soon as it drove past me I noticed the LH numberplate and that is what definitely defines it from the others aside from size !

I think I can understand now why the designers wanted the numberplate where it is.

BTW, lucky woofs too !!

How do you find them travel in the back? Do you have a proper crate ? I have a lanky lurcher and a smaller but not small terrier type. Vesper (the lurcher) likes to stand pretty much the whole journey.

We will have to wait a few years before we commit to the next car but always happy to see someone reap the hard work that they sew and get the car they deserve. Thank you for posting PeterW Thumbs Up

Now lets see some more !!!
  • PeterW
    England 

Thanks Pollski

Yes have a crate & interesting in D5 I can use the 6th seat whereas in D4 i couldn't so the 1" width difference has paid off,

Peter
  • Phil
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

V Nice, I had a Silicon Silver for 1 day (whilst they 'reset' mine), although I think I prefer your Corris to that Thumbs Up

Disco 5 First Edition, Namib Orange,
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

The black pack looks stunning really finishes car of and gives it a premium look. Thumbs Up
  • jpi3418
    Australia 

I'm loving the combination of Corris Grey and Black Pack. I was angling for Kaikoura Stone/Black for mine (mid 2018) but now you've got me thinking again. How do you find the second row seats? Are they any lower than D4 and would an adult (6') be comfortable there?
  • Jacko
    Australia 

Good to see some aussies on here
  • PeterW
    England 

By the sea

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Peter
  • PeterW
    England 

Black side mouldings fitted

Click image to enlarge

Peter
  • PeterW
    England 

Now completed 1200 miles

MPG: 28.46 via Road Trip app filled to brim check, mostly A roads, lots of tick over whilst playing/setting stuff.

Adblue: Shows 6890 miles to go

Negative: Tailgate opening/closing, one piece of trim miss aligned & one trim loose. Now fixed by dealer.

Positive: (now touching wood!)

Engine very smooth & gearbox excellent hard to tell when it changes.

Driving comfort is very good, now getting used to all the safety stuff steering lane control,mirror,warnings, speed limiter, adaptive CC etc all excellent to my mind.

Car drives very well no lurching whilst braking accelerating & turning considering size and weight.

I'm happy so far ..... Very Happy

Peter
  • PeterW
    England 

Last edited by PeterW on 1st May 2017 4:06 am. Edited 1 time in total

Peter
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Peter the side mouldings deffo break up the shape of the door. Look good, really finishes it off Thumbs Up

All you need is mudflaps too finish it off Rolling with laughter
  • PeterW
    England 

Thanks RR
    I'm thinking of mud flaps but have read somewhere that you have to drill into car to fit ?

Peter
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

No problem Peter, credit where it's due mate Thumbs Up

Yes I believe that they have too be drilled. I got the garage too deal with it, plus be it on there head if they damaged it. Looking at them I can't for the life of me see where the holes are. Just bolt heads. Charged me £99 pound too fit them and are a bit fiddly so the mechanic told me. You can only notice the holes if you remove the mudflaps apparently. Just a pity the flaps look good but as I have a 285 wide tyre the flaps not even covering the tyre, just the 3/4 of the tyre. Was thinking maybe should have been better off with a flappy defender type wider mudflap, but probably look out of place on it. Rolling Eyes
  • PeterW
    England 

I have the Defender type mudflaps in garage ..... will have a trail cut & fit .... if successful I'll post pictures & instructions or at the very least start a thread for others to add knowledge to Thumbs Up

Peter
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum