Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• S2bear
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Rejected / Loan car

Hi all, I finally rejected my Disco5 back in mid June due to it having so many faults. Dealer offered me a replacement car or a refund, I chose refund in the end as the replacements they offered weren't the right spec.

After more than 6 weeks of being a pedestrian (The dealer didn't have a suitable loan car at the time as JLR had already given them 3 loaners and I was led to believe this would be sorted within 5-10 days so thought I could wing it) The dealer dragged their heels and has now has said they don't accept my rejection and didn't offer me a refund (they offered verbally on refund but they offered me a replacement car in writing). I have plenty of photographic and video evidence of the faults that the dealer and LR have seen in the last few hours but in the last 6 weeks at the dealer, the car hasn't done any mileage and was left on their lot, unlocked and un alarmed yet they say they did a lot of testing. Obviously these are all issues I'm extremely unhappy about but that's another story, I'm about to go on holiday to Spain in a car I don't have and the dealer has said 'IF' we work together to reach an 'amicable' solution then they will lend me a car to go on holiday in, however, they've now just emailed me a Reg Number and said that I have to arrange my own insurance and give proof to them etc. etc..

Do you guys usually have to arrange your own insurance when given a loaner? It's a lot of faffing/paperwork and a short £100 to add to the growing list of my costs in relation to this sorry episode.

S
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Depends on the situation I have had loan cars on the dealers insurance, I have also had loan cars temp added to my fleet insurance.

Have you had a chat with Land Rover customer care about your issues both with the vehicle and the dealer? I have always found that a polite phone call expressing your disappointment usually works Thumbs Up .
  • S2bear
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for your reply. Yes I've had so many chats with both LR and the Dealer but unfortunately it's. It really gone anywhere. Nevermind. Guess I'll just wait. Some more. .
  • Flat Earther
    United Kingdom 

What are you waiting for? Act!

You need to either accept a replacement, or press for the refund. Sorting out an "amicable solution" is usually the best option. I've done just that and LR were very fair in their offer.

Dealer's insurance costs are off the scale and it doesn't surprise me when they ask you to arrange your own insurance, or to pay a contribution. Accept the request for a reasonable contribution with good grace.
  • oop north
    United Kingdom 

NFU have usually provided cover to me for any replacement car without any extra cost
  • S2bear
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for your replies. All sorted I was covered 7 days gratis but the next 7 cost me £100. Think it was more the faff than the £ that was putting me off. Took over a. Hour on phone as it couldn't be done online.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum