Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Mark^^
    Australia 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Moving from an Evoque to Disco 5 TD6 HSE Lux

This morning I had booked in for a test drive of the new Land Rover Discovery 5 TD6 HSE Luxury. I was already planning to buy one, even before I test drove but not till mid next year.

I have six months left on the lease of my Range Rover Evoque, which is when I was going to sell and order a new Disco 5, which would take about 6/7 months to build and travel from UK to Aust.

So, the dealership is buying my Evoque and paying out the remainder of my 5 year lease which I think is best as the money works and I don’t have the go through the whole selling process.

So, they found a car that meets my needs in their dealer network system, so in 2 or 3 weeks, subject to finance: new Land Rover Discovery 5 TD6 HSE in Luxury in Yulong White optioned with:

Seven seats with Ebony leather
        Ebony headlining
        high gloss charcoal Oak veneer
        60:40 load through rear seat
        powered 3rd row seats
        22” (style 5011) wheels
        tyre monitoring system
        cold climate pack
        Drive Pack pro

• Craigp
    England 

Damm those salesmen. Laughing
    Also got to take your hat off to them for selling you a cold climate pack in Australia. Snow tyres?

Enjoy great car Very Happy
  • Mark^^
    Australia 

Thanks

If I was ordering a bespoke car I would not have ordered the cold climate pack, but I was going to order a heated steering wheel as it get to -9 in winter and heavy frosts and I daily have to wear gloves and coats, as I am near Canberra. We even had snow here this year.

No tyres its just heated steering wheel, heated windscreen and heated washer jets - all which with the climate control front seats will keep me warm.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Re: Moving from an Evoque to Disco 5 TD6 HSE Lux

Mark^^ wrote:
      This morning I had booked in for a test drive of the new Land Rover Discovery 5 TD6 HSE Luxury. I was already planning to buy one, even before I test drove but not till mid next year.

I have six months left on the lease of my Range Rover Evoque, which is when I was going to sell and order a new Disco 5, which would take about 6/7 months to build and travel from UK to Aust.

So, the dealership is buying my Evoque and paying out the remainder of my 5 year lease which I think is best as the money works and I don’t have the go through the whole selling process.

So, they found a car that meets my needs in their dealer network system, so in 2 or 3 weeks, subject to finance: new Land Rover Discovery 5 TD6 HSE in Luxury in Yulong White optioned with:

Seven seats with Ebony leather
        Ebony headlining
        high gloss charcoal Oak veneer
        60:40 load through rear seat
        powered 3rd row seats
        22” (style 5011) wheels
        tyre monitoring system
        cold climate pack
        Drive Pack pro

Sounds good and I imagine the difference in size between the Evoque and the D5 will be quite marked. Good luck with the transaction. Thumbs Up
  • Craigp
    England 

Hi Mark never been one to let facts get in the way of a good story so as far as I'm concerned you live in Darwin & the salesmen have done a great job. Laughing Laughing
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Hi Mark we had a Discovery Sport which is a little bigger than a Evoque and then bought a Discovery 5 which is massive when you compare cars. But I've got to say what a car, it's brilliant. You won't be disappointed, the Evoque and Discovery Sport are great cars but the big Discovery 5 is in a league of its own. Once you get your car put some photos on Very Happy

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Mark^^
    Australia 

Craigp wrote:
    Hi Mark never been one to let facts get in the way of a good story so as far as I'm concerned you live in Darwin & the salesmen have done a great job. Laughing Laughing

hahaha I would never live in Darwin, way too tropical north for me, however then yes the climate pack would be very redundant LOL

Got the message that my lease has been approved, which is the amount needed for a deposit on an expensive house.

Once I have the car photos will follow.
  • Mark^^
    Australia 

Well my order has now been changed due to a problem with the dealer’s stock control system, and the car I had on order was mixed up and sold somewhere else.

So I now have on order a HSE Luxury TD6 in Fuji White with 22" 5 Split-Spoke black wheels with:
      Seven seat Ebony/Ebony Windsor Leather
      Ebony headlining
      Charcoal oak veneer
      Digital Audio Broadcast Radio
      Climate Front Seats with Heated Rear Seats
      360-degree Park Distance Control
      Heads-up display
      Full Length Roof Rails in Gloss Black
      Auto Dimming Exterior Mirrors
      InControl Protect
      Black Design Pack
      Drive Pro Pack
      Remote Intelligent Seat Fold Pack

So no cold climate pack on this one so back to gloves in the winter. with all fingers crossed this should be 10 to 15 days before I change over.

Last edited by Mark^^ on 11th Nov 2017 9:40 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Chalkey
    England 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Indus Silver

Put some photos on once you get your fantastic new discovery Very Happy

MY 21 3.0 D250 S White, 20in wheels, twin sun roof, privacy glass, heated stirring wheel, roof rails.
    Gone 17reg 2.0 SE Silver, 21in black wheels, privacy glass, roof rails, side steps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum