Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Telstone
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Order lead times

New Member.

Has anyone had a lack of information from the dealer or is it the norm?

I ordered my HSE late late June and was told there was a 17 week lead time , i told the dealer i would want delivery by mid November at the latest.Ive called the dealer and he tells me he will not be able to tel me until the car has been built and its on its way from landrover - I've had no update what so ever.

Is this the norm?

Thanks Embarassed Embarassed
  • J77
    Scotland 

The problem may be that when you ordered it was 17MY, now the factory will be ready for 18MY which with the HSE spec will get the digital dash, dealers aren't sure what's happening with 18MY.

When I ordered my my dealer kept me informed as much as they could throughout the order process.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Telstone
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the reply - makes sense is anything else changing for 18MY , its just s bit frustrating. Smile
  • J77
    Scotland 

2.0 300hp petrol added but not sure if there is any other spec changes. Ask your dealer what model year your car will be as I believe there is a price increase of about £2k depending on model, I think SE is £1k and HSE £2k.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Craigp
    England 

In my experience it is the norm. They like to think they have a handle on things but that's when the problems begin because they then make promises that they have no control over. (Do I sound bitter Laughing )
    It really is a lottery as to what model of car is produced and it's allocation. Having said that things should be a lot better now than when I picked my car up. Sometimes being honest and vague is better than false promises.
  • Telstone
    United Kingdom 

Thanks will do
  • Telstone
    United Kingdom 

I take it you have had your own problems
  • Craigp
    England 

It was a month or so longer than promised which meant I had to pay the new road tax. All forgotten now, just enjoying the car.
    I suppose it seemed a big thing at the time but as I say all forgotten. Or very nearly. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
  • Sw1gs
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Kaikoura Stone

I'm in the same boat, ordered mine on 15 Jul. The dealer should be able to access their LR system which should tell them the week in which ththe scheduled build will take place, it does change and try to get the dealer to keep me updated. Mine is currently scheduled for first week in Oct, it should be ready to collect from the dealer about 5 days later. I would imagine it would be a MY 17 as there are some significant changes between the MYs, in particular, the colours have changed with both red and Kaikorua stone being lost and a light blue being added in. I'm in 2 minds whether to push my dealer to wait for a 18 year or whether I'm better off getting the 17 car I've ordered (3 litre diesel HSE Lux, tech plus pack, black roof rails, electric tow at in Kaikorua stone) for 2k less - having said that, who knows what deals they will offer in Q4 to drive sales given the downturn in diesels recently.

Best of luck with your order - look forward to hearing more!
  • Telstone
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for this, i have spoke to the dealer this week, he has confirmed it will be a MY17 and that they can not take any orders for MY18 yet - but he still has no other update. May be I'm being a bit impatient! Other than that the dealer has been great.

Your car sound great - i ordered a HSE black r rails and steps

Hope all goes well = Thumbs Up

Swigs

How’s it going with the order ? You should of collected or at least be very close? I ordered late June with preferred delivery on the the 17th of November (company car return) I’m now told the car wont be delivered to the dealer until early December- witch is a problem for me ill have no car for about a month -may have to cancel -total-order Bow down would be 25 weeks.
  • Telstone
    United Kingdom 

Sw1gs

How’s it going with the order ? You should of collected or at least be very close? I ordered late June with preferred delivery on the the 17th of November (company car return) I’m now told the car wont be delivered to the dealer until early December- witch is a problem for me ill have no car for about a month -may have to cancel -total-order time would be 25 weeks. Bow down
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum