Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Hissinsid
    United Kingdom 

Detailing my santorini Black hse

Some during shots.

For anyone interested:

Snow foamed, washed 2 bucket method with grit guards, Wookies fist mit, dried with super soft drying towels. Porter cable: chemical guys v34: hex orange pad, chemical guys vss: orange lake country pad, dodo lime prime: hex white pad, megs synthetic sealant: hex black pad, dodo purple haze by hand.

Love the car it’s just brilliant. Hope you like, still got some bits to finish in these.
  • Jacko
    Australia 

Fantastic Job. I like you have been washing car every weekend. I use the bowdens product and they are awesome. I have hear chemical guys are great as well.

Looking good.
  • Craigp
    England 

Fantastic job. Although it looks like you've rubbed a little hard round the number plate.

I cleaned mine once. Shocked
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I've a santorini black one too! Love to keep it clean and polished.

Problem is i'm never the lucky one! Everytime I wash it, it rains the next day! Typical!

Can't even plan a clean of the car with a good run of dry days coming up as the weathermen are never right! I guess thats what we have to put up with in the UK!

Anyone got any tips as far as diesel drips/spills when you go to fill the car up? I've moved petrol stations as the garage I used to go to had these terrible pumps that kept dripping small amounts of diesel on the paintwork beneath the filler. But even the other garage I got to has a similar issue... Would have thought some brain box out there might have invented some kind of towel/pad that you can put under the filler hole to catch drips, but can't see anything around??
  • Hissinsid
    United Kingdom 

Get some quick Detailer and a microfibre cloth.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Yeah, thats what I have to do and as soon as I can as I can imagine the fuel won't be doing anything good to the paintwork!
  • J77
    Scotland 

Craigp wrote:
    Fantastic job. Although it looks like you've rubbed a little hard round the number plate.

I cleaned mine once. Shocked

Mines been in and out of the dealers so I haven’t had to wash it Rolling with laughter

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Life's too short - mine only get washed by dealers. That is one advantage of the quality issues Whistle

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum