Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• stevegbxpp
    United Kingdom 

Surround cameras

I have a question about surround cameras on the D5. I have just ordered a new D5 for delivery in March Smile Smile My D4 was always very tight to get through the garage door and will only fit with the mirrors folded. Being as the D5 is even wider with the mirrors folded, I was wondering if it was worth considering the surround cameras. So, my question is, if someone has these, please can you tell me if it is still possible to see the complete side of the car and the steps if fitted (at least enough to see if you are going to hit the garage) with the mirrors folded?
    Obviously if I decide to get them I need to do so very quickly.
    Thanks guys
    Steve
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The side cameras are under the mirrors, so will not give the surround view if folded.
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

The 360 camera view may assist as should the guide lines overlay end on the reversing camera image
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I would probably still spec them as there are many times when they are useful.

You could always use them and at the last moment fold them. That is what I did when reversing into a friends garage to fir side steps in the dry.
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Re: Surround cameras

stevegbxpp wrote:
    I have a question about surround cameras on the D5. I have just ordered a new D5 for delivery in March Smile Smile My D4 was always very tight to get through the garage door and will only fit with the mirrors folded. Being as the D5 is even wider with the mirrors folded, I was wondering if it was worth considering the surround cameras. So, my question is, if someone has these, please can you tell me if it is still possible to see the complete side of the car and the steps if fitted (at least enough to see if you are going to hit the garage) with the mirrors folded?
    Obviously if I decide to get them I need to do so very quickly.
    Thanks guys
    Steve

Here is a copy of my 360 surround view with the mirrors out and folded back
    On the second image ( cameras folded) I have highlited in red on the left the actual space between the Car and fence.

Looks like surround cameras may help you. I use them loads..

• stevegbxpp
    United Kingdom 

Thanks very much guys. This is exactly the information I was hoping for.
    Cameras now ordered (just in time, yesterday was last day for changes)
    Cheers

Steve
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum