Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• motorsilver
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Road Trip - Corris Grey to Spain and back

Just thought I would give an update to our time with our Discovery 5 going on from my last post.

We decided to take our Disco down to Spain for our usual trip down to Cost blanca . After some negative reading throughout I was somewhat apprehensive to see what this trip of over 4,000 miles would show up in either reliability or comfort .
    Well...... I must say that my worries and thoughts have been put to bed.
    The car performed and ran perfectly. Even as pictures show we were stuck in a queue for 4 hours on the Spanish/French border with nowhere to go in 45 degree heat. The car kept us cool and cool box refreshed for our unplanned stop.
    From there on in as we had been delayed we motored up throughout France up to Calais at a brisk pace shall we say.
    As we had our Tag for the tolls the car didn't have a rest on the way up and took it in all its stride.
    Squeezed onto the ferry to Dover.
    Followed by a charge up to Northumberland.
    For a journey with 4 adults plus luggage and 4,000 miles and completed over a dozen times in a multitude of vehicles ranging from Disco 2 ,3 , 4 , RRS 3.0 HSE , Audi Q7 ABT , Audi sq5 I have got to say that this car handled the journey brilliantly.
    Not as fast maybe and agile as the SQ5 but more space and comfort.
    The wifi sim card arrangement was fantastic for the rear two ipad user's and sat nav google earth.
    The rear tailgate with the motorised rear shelf was brilliant especially when you are running with a full load up to the roof-line as it stops bits dropping out when you lift the tailgate up mid way through a journey.

Now for the negatives from what I hear and read.
    Well I guess the shape has some getting used to and after I've painted and added a few difference's I'm happy with it now. Plus it seems to get better to a point of quite liking the shape now , weird as it may sound .
    Engine performance was OK for the size of vehicle ,fuel consumption came in at about just over 30 mpg for the whole journey which considering the holds up not bad.
    Add blue consumption seems to be excessive according to the display but I did fill up before and subsequently took a reserve bottle together with Oil reserve. Both not needing any topping up.
    I had all of the service updates completed before the journey and speak as I find the car has and still performs without hiccup.
    To end I also tow with a twin axle Ivor Williams car trailer plus a low side twin axle flat bed for business and tow close to the limit . As long as I keep the tyre pressures at the heavy load setting and as it runs on 22" wheels it seems to tow pretty good. Suspension is slightly softer than previous disco's and car slightly lighter but still motors along OK at legal limit .

Last edited by motorsilver on 28th Aug 2017 2:12 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • PeterW
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Nice write up Thumbs Up

Peter
    HSE 3.0 V6 Diesel Corris Grey
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

envious, but I think this is something we all needed to hear Thumbs Up

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • APCo
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

A great vehicle, thank you for taking the time to share.
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Having just ordered my 3.0tdv6 HSE this write up gives me some assurance. Thank you Thumbs Up
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Thanks for the write up. Makes me really want to head down to the south of France now !

Love the Corris and Black Pack. Would be my first choice but had an offer on the Farallon Black I couldn’t refuse.

Hope you had a great holiday Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum