Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dirty Trucker
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Not Spotted

I cover about a 1000miles a week(in a truck),and I'm surprised how few D5's I see on my travels.

Last edited by Dirty Trucker on 23rd Jan 2018 8:14 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • samyil
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I was thinking that today, I do 35k ish per year and I've just ordered a D5 commercial. I am a little worried about the reliability issues. Anyone else doing high miliage?
  • Jambo
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

Yes, 11 weeks old and now on 8,762 miles (had 63 miles on the clock when I collected it). Just had it's second top up of Ad Blue and service reminder has come on - due in 1200 miles. Apparently there is a software update that fixes this issue now.

Best car I've owned - rock solid - I'm really chuffed with it.

I think an important part of the ownership experience is the quality of your dealership - fortunately mine is superb and they always go the extra mile.

Enjoy yours - I'm sure you won't be disappointed Thumbs Up
  • lemme
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Loire Blue

2 weeks in... and just over 1200 miles. aside from a couple of niggles with the new dash display (could be order of operation, so waiting before i post details)... car has been faultless

MY18 HSE Lux Loire Blue with Black Pack
    [most options ticked apart from HUD & Fridge)
  • J77
    Scotland 

Quite a few D5s up here.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Dirty Trucker
    England 

Spotted 8 on sunday just gone, but no white ones like mine Whistle
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Someone in the office building across the street from me bought one...a white HSE Td6. Guess they really liked mine.... Cool Laughing
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I see loads every day

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

think I have seen one or maybe two in si Whistle x months

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I'm also amazed at how few there are around my area. And when I do see one, its a surprise! I think since i've had mine, i've probably only seen half a dozen actually on the road here.

I think i've probably seen more LR Velars on my travels than D5's. Which is strange really as the area I live in is very rural and i'd have thought this model would have been right up the farmers and villagers street! Very Happy

Mind you, I was stopped and asked about the car by 2 passers by a few weeks ago, while I was turning at a junction. One was definitely of a farming background (i.e. sheep dog by his side, wellies on and that 'weathered' look Very Happy ) They asked me what model it was and what I thought of it.

I gave them the name of the local dealership, maybe I should push for commission!? Rolling with laughter

Never seen an advert on TV for the model either, and i'm sure we've all seen that Velar/white dogs advert many times!
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

And yet adverts mean a model isn’t selling

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Dirty Trucker
    England 

rogersmj wrote:
    I'm also amazed at how few there are around my area. And when I do see one, its a surprise! I think since i've had mine, i've probably only seen half a dozen actually on the road here.

I think i've probably seen more LR Velars on my travels than D5's. Which is strange really as the area I live in is very rural and i'd have thought this model would have been right up the farmers and villagers street! Very Happy

Mind you, I was stopped and asked about the car by 2 passers by a few weeks ago, while I was turning at a junction. One was definitely of a farming background (i.e. sheep dog by his side, wellies on and that 'weathered' look Very Happy ) They asked me what model it was and what I thought of it.

I gave them the name of the local dealership, maybe I should push for commission!? Rolling with laughter

Never seen an advert on TV for the model either, and i'm sure we've all seen that Velar/white dogs advert many times!

I think there was a short run of ad's when it first came out.Certainly haven't seen any recently.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

LR does not need too advertise. The products sell themselves, as are famous worldwide.

James Bond drives a RRS does he not. That's an advert in itself Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I see ads for the Disco fairly frequently - mostly it's the one with the BAR team inexplicably marooned in the desert with an approaching sand storm, and along comes the D5 to rescue them. I also see a lot on Instagram. I'll have to ask my dealer where the people live who are buying them since they seem to be doing a brisk business.

I have seen 3-4 Velars around town, but aside from mine, only one other D5. Even up in the ski towns.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum