Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Very true, then again they will probably say they never saw your brakes lights working in the first place. Laughing Mind you they should not be driving that close too you either.

Joking aside I do think they look better with the full set working, as brakes are supposed too be a warning too the person driving behind as we all know. There is also the high level brake light under the spoiler, so there is no excuse imo. However if the indicator lights were that small on the rear, I wonder if that would be an issue or not?? I find the led indicators on the new Audi's distracting too say the least. Light up one bulb at a time in a line and disappears. Confusing when I first saw them.

Maybe the sheer bulk of the D5 's rear makes them look considerably smaller than if the same lights were on a saloon car?? Only other option is too upgrade the bulbs too a higher wattage if that can be done. Thumbs Up

Now am confused. Was it possible the car in the advert had its side lights on when it was braking, making. It look like the lights on the boot cluster were also connected??
  • neilk
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

I struggle to see the issue on this one as well, I love my car but it does have more pressing design compromises than “the brake lights aren’t as big as I think they should be”. I have followed enough now and the brake lights are extremely conspicuous which what they are designed to do. Making them any brighter would only serve to make it unpleasant for those following in stop start traffic (I am sure we all use the parking brake all of the time). With a rear end than many struggle to love I think “use up some of that red plastic lens when braking” shouldn’t be too high up the list.

For me finishing the software on the car before launch, being able to do more than 4000 miles without an oil change and 15 litres of DEF would be higher up my list. Even the third row seat belt clips would get my vote for a redesign first.

I am not sure anything in those lighting units is modifiable without some serious re-engineering as they appear to be single units.

Maybe to develop the frustration I need to follow my own car in traffic for a while. Very Happy
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Yes your right Neil, LR need too address the multitude of issues with the car, which are far more important than us complaining about the brake lights. What with oil dilution issues, possible engine failures, guzzling ad blue and a raft of other issues like door trims falling off, these should have all been addressed before launch. Seems we were the guinea-pigs unfortunately. Sad
    At the end of the day it's human nature too complain and nitpick. No matter what, we always find something too moan about, but could we do a better job than all the designers out there?? - I think not !! So credit where it's due.
    Oh where was I, I forgot too mention the sticky curry hook Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • neilk
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Your right, it is everyone’s right to like or dislike whatever they want. It is more on this one it doesn’t bother me but it does seem to be an issue for quite a few people and fair play.

I did know what I was letting myself in for and as the home market we bear the brunt of it as most “German models” are available domestically for some time before we get them.

A combination of lots of issues and seeing the dealership at its worst as it developed to get the shiny new showroom but half the workshop bays gone for over a year did test the patience but I would have nothing else. I still love it, even the rear end.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

It doesn't really bother me tbh. As long as they work am happy. I was just putting my tuppence worth in. I think it's more the fact that what was advertised and what we ended up with, which is bothering a few of us. The rear end has also grown on me. Initially it did look a bit awkward too the naked eye, especially with the oversized number plate. However once it arrives, I will be putting on a much neater plate, fully legal of course, and more centralised. I will put up photos, so will be interesting too see who likes it and who dislikes it. End of the day if I am happy with it then that's all that matters Thumbs Up

I agree, the way a dealership treats you is paramount. (It's like going too a good restaurant. If you like it you will go back for more). With my personal experience the dealer was happy enough too seal the deal and take the cash, but when problems arose it felt like i was the problem, and they just tried too fob me of with the usual patter.

Glad too say the new dealer has bent over backwards too help me. No request has been too much and the few extras i have requested, will all be ready rectified before we pick the car up. Very Happy
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

48 hours old, 420 miles under her belt, and no one has driven into the back of me yet Thumbs Up No request for Adblue of a service either, so I’m quite happy Very Happy

Loving it actually, the Jag is forgotten - although the HBA is going back off

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Enjoy Thumbs Up
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 

There’s some nice little touches, like the roof sun-blinds closing when you lock the car to keep the sun out, and auto-open when you unlock

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

That must be a MY18 featuee?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I never realised it did that. Am pretty sure it never Shocked
    As Jim suggests it's possibly a 2018 upgrade Wink
  • Craigp
    England 

It probably a electrical fault. Get it to the dealers, ask for a top up of adblue whilst you are there. Laughing
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
    You have got a point there Craig, more too go wrong Laughing
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 

Craigp wrote:
    It probably a electrical fault. Get it to the dealers, ask for a top up of adblue whilst you are there. Laughing

Laughing

I haven’t noticed it on the three others I’ve driven, and they were all 2017

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
  • Gareth
    United Kingdom 

Whats HBA Stu?
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 

High Beam Assist -automatic high beam

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum