Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jeb3
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Aruba

post software update issue

Needed DEF, so stopped by Land Rover for them to fill up. They also did two software updates, one was for something related to diesel dilution the other was related to service indication.
    Since the update, after the D5 is off for 20 minutes the terrain response dial and the transfer case low button keep cycling on and off, drains the battery very quickly. Over night the battery is almost completely drained. Land Rover dealer says it is the terrain control system and they are ordering parts to replace the controllers under the console.
    I am concerned that they are taking stabs at correcting this, while it is really software based.
    Has anyone had this or a similar issues with these software updates?
    thanks
    Jeb3
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

jeb -

What were the service notice numbers for the diesel dilution and early service notification? Can you post that in the "service required" thread? Must be new over the last couple weeks.

Seems odd that the terrain response system is keeping the car from shutting down and draining the battery. Would imagine the master computer would shut off power to things like the starter and the transmission once ignition is off....
  • jeb3
    United States 

I left the work order in the D5, which is at Land Rover so I can not pull info directly from it but from looking at Topix i think the two are
    - N118NAS3 - Service Action: 'Service Required' Message Not Displayed Service Reset Function Not Working
    - N025NAS2 - Service Action: Independent Oil Dilution Counter Reset

But not sure.
    Dealer says the problem is hardware and they have ordered new terrain response control unit and associated parts. I am still thinking it is software. It started acting up the day after the software was updated. Never had a problem in 5 months of ownership prior to software update
    They say they can not reverse and restore software to prior state.
    Frustrated, but fingers crossed that this is not a long slide into constant issues.
    thoughts and ideas welcome.
    jeb3
  • RedBall
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Mine had these software updates and a couple of weeks later started with the same problem that I had just before Christmas. Central locking continuously unlocking every 30 seconds or so.

As it happened some time after the software updates I don't think they are the actual cause, but like you I think the problem is possibly software related. Its as though there is some sort of corruption happening at ecu level and causing these random issues. Mine has been at the dealers 2 weeks now.
  • jeb3
    United States 

I got a call from dealer, they put the new terrain response hardware in , no change. They did some more investigation and have now determined it is the cooler. They say if cooler off, then no issues, when cooler on issues. It will take 3 weeks for replacement cooler from England.

I told them I will leave the cooler off, please give me back my D5. Should pick it up tomorrow, Of course I will test their theory, and will keep everyone updated on what i find.

Red bull, do you happen to have the cooler???
    jeb3
  • RedBall
    United Kingdom 

Yep - I have the cooler, and indeed it is normally on.

You have to questionwhy there is the need to integrate the electronic systems on a car to the degree that a simple fridge, can cause issues with a terrain response system. Rolling Eyes
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

When you say cooler. do you mean the cubby box cooler

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • RedBall
    United Kingdom 

Thtas what Im referring to yes. Though there may be other coolers in other markets that Im not aware of.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum