Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• HDFB110
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Service gone wrong

'Service required' indicator came on - so booked the car in - no problems.
    Car is 12 months old with only 7,000 miles on the clock - no messages about 'oil dilution'
    (I have the 5 year service plan)

Garage told me they would carry out 2 or 3 software updates at the same time (never saying what)

Basic service work completed - but I have been told that the software updates have not been done.
    Have been told I will need to book the car in again for these.
    On further questioning I have been told that they tried to do the software updates but they failed - in the end they had run out of time!

Have been told the car is perfectly OK to drive - but -

I now have a continuous warning about service being required - despite it being done!
    The HUD display doesn't seem to pick speed signs anymore!
    The RSE doesn't work.
    Even the rear heating systems to be in operative!

Overall I'm not too sure what updates they tried but, what for me was a perfectly functioning car now seems to have a lot of the issues that are listed on the forum - only after the garages intervention !!!

Not very happy - will try to get the car booked back ASAP.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Sounds like they have tried to put the wrong software update on which causes all those issues instead of the latests one which resolves some but gives others Big Cry Big Cry

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Alos the dealers sowtware need s to be kept up to date as well.
    If they are still using old software then your updates will fail.
  • Dpetchey
    United Kingdom 

Mine had the latest infotainment update last week. It took the two attempts for it to work, and taken by 3 and half hour each time.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

And how is it since being done, mine is better but not right and still not very quick

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Dpetchey
    United Kingdom 

Mine is improved in that so far we have not lost the radio yet as we were doing quite often before it was done.
  • Dpetchey
    United Kingdom 

So it turns out that the latest infotainment update did nothing for our media issues.
    Time to email the dealers again!
  • HDFB110
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Service gone wrong - part 2 !

OK so had the car in for a full day booking for the software updates.
    Carefully explained all of the issues I have been having -
    Service required on at every start up.
    No service menu - no add blue level, no oil level etc.
    Camera system often says not available.
    HUD very slow to react - after driving on a motorway the 70 mph limit stays showing for up to 3 miles even after passing 3 or 4 other speed limit signs.

Was told the car was ready all done all good.

Got in the car started and - - - greeted with the service required !!!!

Went back in to the dealer - after a lot of discussion - eventually some one got the technician who worked on the car to come out - he showed his work sheet notes where he stated the service warning was on !!!!

After even more discussion (argument) the dealer has now said that a full service is needed despite one having been done a month ago?

Have now been given a disco sport & they say they will service it tomorrow -

I am getting more & more fed up with this - I have told them that this is their last chance to fix the problems - I don't want to deal with them anymore on this - I shall go directly to Land Rover.

Personally I believe that I have enough evidence of poor initial LR workmanship & dealer incompetence to demand more higher level assistance & conclusion to this ?????

Anyway will have to see what tomorrow brings - not holding my breath !!!!
  • neilk
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

The service menu issue could well be that it only shows up with the Ignition on but without the engine running. You press the stop/start button without your foot on the brake. At least that one isn’t a fault, even if by design it is a bit odd.
  • mcunnin
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Just read this I have had exactly the same experience. Honestly that could have been me writing your post. Been in twice still tells me it needs a service. RSE stopped working properly after first trip. rear seats not working individually after it. they took it back in and it came back with more faults and still had service required. its now in the garage for the third time and I too am getting a little fed up of them not fixing what they broke. let me know how you got on with this.

2017 HSE Lux 3.0L Santorini Black
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum