Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

Read seat entertainment

Question for the people who have RSE: can you see the left and right screen movie on your front screen?

As I supposed you could check/see what the kids in the back are watching, but that seems, with my car, not the case.

I just see a picture and than a timeline of the movie, but no life image.

Strange as well that you can play 3 different movies on the 3 screens at the same time, but not the same movie on all of them (or you must need 3 different sources).

Besides this I very frequently get an error before the movie starts at one of the screens (sometimes left, sometimes right). It only works on both screens when I disconnect the usb and than reconnect it again.

Is this a common fault or not?
  • lemme
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Loire Blue

same issue on mine...

only way I've found to display the same image on all screens is using the DVD option

MY18 HSE Lux Loire Blue with Black Pack
    [most options ticked apart from HUD & Fridge)
  • Labbix

Hi Lemme

Thx for the reply, strange from LR..,

And I suppose on the front screen you can’t see life images (or mirroring) from the back seats screens neither, but only the timeline as with my car?
  • lemme
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Loire Blue

yep... can only see timeline Sad

MY18 HSE Lux Loire Blue with Black Pack
    [most options ticked apart from HUD & Fridge)
  • Labbix

At least this is a common error/shortcoming than and not for my car specific...

Last question regarding this ‘setup’: actually every time when the system starts at least one of the screens in the back will say ‘queue corrupt’ and I have to take the USB out and plug it back in and then it works, although the front screen shows the video, so you think it’s working in the back while it’s not.

Is this the case with your system as well or does it immediately works from an USB? Didn’t try a DVD yet.

• Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Re: Read seat entertainment

Labbix wrote:

I just see a picture and than a timeline of the movie, but no life image.

Its not because the car is in motion and thus the film wont be shown and only the progress bar will is it?
  • Labbix

Nope, always, even when I didn’t start the car yet... it’s the setup I’m afraid, unfortunately
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I just tried mine again, I don't get any 'queue corrupt' error when I initially open the rear seat entertainment, or start playing the first film.

The initial scan of the USB creates a 'queue', which pulls back a list of files on the USB (of which video type files identified will show). If this queue has any problems, then I think this is the error message you would see. So if it were me i'd check (brain dump):

1. What format is the USB in? EXFAT or anything else will not work properly, it must be formatted in FAT32.

2. What format are the video files? Need to check which ones aren't compatible.

From memory I think only .AVI and .MP4 files are 100% recommended. .MKV files are recognised as video files, but these fail to play and could possibly corrupt the queue if their metadata is accessed.

3. What kind of PC/Laptop did you copy the video files from?

One issue I have found is that an Apple MacBook/Mac PC, adds an extra file prefixed with .- in it. This is just a metadata information file and won't run correctly. If this is the case then try and open the USB in a Windows PC/laptop and delete these unneeded files.

As a final resort i'd format the USB to FAT32, add a single video file (.AVI for example), and try that again.

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • Labbix

You might be correct about the Apple thing, I have only macs and indeed they add this hidden file (my tv does show it when it’s loading the usb or hard drive for the first time).

I will check and delete it. But still strange that once unplugged and replaced it works fine. Of course the queue is gone than.

My other usb for the music is exactly the same, but doesn’t contain movies, and this one always works fine (although the car doesn’t seem to remember the last settings, being usb, and starts automatically with the radio, which is local Albanian... not really something I understand yet Wink My other cars remember the last setting and start from there, which is more convenient, but not one of my top worries.

All usb are formatted Fat32 and only avi and mp4 files
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Yes it is strange that if you unplug it and plug it in again it works, The only difference between the error and the working process is the fact that the USB is plugged in when you start it up, so could be something to do with the existing queue getting corrupt. When you re-plug it in the queue is re-created again and its not corrupt..

More strange is the fact that you said your music USB doesn't have the same trouble, then I would point a finger at the video files as the queue can be made up of video or music files - Strange how the music files don't have the same error.

let me know how you get on with deleting the Mac files and trying again.

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • Labbix

Corrupted queue still remains after deleting all invisible files. However no corrupted queue with the same movies (but less of them) on a smaller USB (tried with 16GB)

So Rogersmj do you work with a 64GB usb or a smaller one?

And regarding the 64GB, corrupted queue disappears as well when I put the screen off and on again, without disconnecting the usb.

Music 64GB usb works well every time, but always starts from the first song and forgets about the shuffle mode that was on before. (Which is not the case with my VW)
  • RotherhamPete
    United Kingdom 

With 128gb USB stick in usb2 I can get all three screens showing the same film.

I did get the queue corrupt message but Then selected find, then ..., and then selected the film from the list of movie AVI files available. Not sure if it's relevant but the front screen was using dual view.
  • Labbix

What do you mean with usb2? The second one in front of the fridge?

And can you play them all simultaneously?

Or do you have to start them separately, if so, how can you synchronize all 3?

Would be fantastic if the synchronization would work!
  • RotherhamPete
    United Kingdom 

By usb2 I mean the USB slot in the centre console, furthest from the driver. Not certain why there are two slots there but I use one for movies and the other for nab updates. Although they all play the same film, the screens play the film independently so not synchronised. I'm not sure how that could be done, so headphones are still needed.
    The movies are encoded with aimersoft dvd ripper, avi format with Xvid encoding.
  • Labbix

Doesn’t work with me: I can play the same movie on the front and 1 of the back screens, but not on both back screens together.

I can select it on both back screens, but it only plays on one, for the other screen the timeline says 0 minutes from 0 minutes movie length??
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum