Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• ukorca
    United Kingdom 

Petrol variant

I'm about to replace my D3 with a 6 month old D5. I've decided to plump for petrol and not diesel this time and I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of any owners on here with the petrol versions and their experience with them

Thanks in advance!
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

2 or 3L?

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • ukorca
    United Kingdom 

It's a 3 litre
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

No issues touch wood with the Si6 3 litre petrol. Peach of an engine Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Apart from economy Rolling with laughter

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Well tbh it's economy in town and out of town, is on a par with my car.

So used too filling up at the pumps, so no real biggie.

If your prepared too spend that much on a car then filling up at the pumps is no big deal.

Just means I have too sacrifice my beer pennies, which is paying dividends on my gut Very Happy

The only thing that drink and smokes is the car Laughing

The main thing is the oil dilution and ad blue issues which we have now thankfully avoided.

Anything to keep a peaceful life Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • ken
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

3l petrol no longer available in U.K.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Am wondering if they will replace it with an upgraded or newer 3 litre petrol version, just like they have recently done with the 3 litre diesel, (extra 50 bhp) or will they just keep the 2 litre petrol?

With the SVX 5 litre lump coming soon, I am hedging my bets on a more powerful 3 litre petrol variant being released, too bridge the gap.

Be interesting too see what happens. I think will be around the 380 bhp mark if it happens Wink

• ken
    United Kingdom 

SVX no longer on the LR website either Evil or Very Mad
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Is it not Shocked

I gather you got rid or yours then ?

Hopefully they still have a shed load of engines incase any owners have issue's.

• ken
    United Kingdom 

Nope still have my

90 Bowler
    D4 Landmark
    D5 3.0i HSE Lux
    SVA L405

wont list non LR
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Hope no engine issues.
    No problems touchwood so far Thumbs Up

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum