Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rsr
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Roof rails

Does anyone know if the new discovery come with any roof rails or do you have to spec the full length ones? Looking on the configurator it doesn't show any.

thanks
  • J77
    Scotland 

You have to spec the full length ones Thumbs Up

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Seaby
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Hmm - that's going to need some thought. So unless you have factory roof rails, there will be no way of fitting roof bars??

Roof box is a must for us when we all go away...

I'll report back if dealer has any info on this.
  • Teemo
    United Kingdom 

I'm sure Thule or other aftermarket companies will look to exploit this. The D5 is already listed on their site but you get the following message:
    Quote:
    Sorry, there are currently no recommended products that match your vehicle details. We couldn't find a solution for your vehicle because either:

1. There is no safe place to mount a rack to the roof or truck bed of your vehicle.

2. Your vehicle is new to the market and we are working on a solution. Please check back in 4-6 weeks as we may have an update at that time.

3. Thule no longer produces the fit kit for your vehicle.

Please change your selections and try again.

I'm assuming point 2 applies here.
  • J77
    Scotland 

Seaby wrote:
    Hmm - that's going to need some thought. So unless you have factory roof rails, there will be no way of fitting roof bars??

Roof box is a must for us when we all go away...

I'll report back if dealer has any info on this.

The current Disco is the same you either opted for the short roof rails or full length if you wanted roof bars.

I'm sure that even if ordered from factory they will be fitted at the dealers, you can always order them from Dan@duckworths who will be slightly cheaper especially if you by them in March, 15-20% off.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • ESU 876
    England 

Roof Rails

I have a 2.0 HSE due shortly.
    I specified roof rails and they are listed on my order form under "factory fitted options".
    I'm fairly sure that they can also be dealer fitted.

I have a light bar using Thule fittings on my current D4. I'm also pretty sure that these won't fit on the D5.
    However I still have the Thule fittings that I used on my D2. I think these might fit the D5.

I've not seen a vehicle with rails yet, but expect mine to appear at dealer within the next 10 days.
    I'll report back when I've seen it!

Neil
  • sportcoupe
    United States 

Adding full length roof rails to the factory order will most certainly be cheaper then buying roof rails later and having them fitted. A lot of interior including headliner, airbags may have to be removed driving costs high.
  • alex08
    Scotland 

I had a look at this in the showroom yesterday. There is a usual removable strip for roof rails but only above rows 1 and 2. the rear of the roof has a plastic moulding extending around the side towards the window from the sunroof. No obvious place for rails to mount. I suspect that this panel needs removed and replaced if a full length rail was to be fitted. Otherwise it will just be a front mounted roof rack.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Re: Roof Rails

ESU 876 wrote:
    I have a 2.0 HSE due shortly.

I've not seen a vehicle with rails yet, but expect mine to appear at dealer within the next 10 days.
    I'll report back when I've seen it!

Neil

Can I ask what your build date was, if iti is due in the next 10days?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum