Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Icemac
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Santorini Black

New to Disco 5

Hi Everyone,
    I’m new to this blog but have been on the Disco 3 site with my previous truck a Disco 4 Commercial ( If that makes sense). Just took delivery of my new Disco 5 SE Commercial last Tuesday, which was an exciting day if tinged with a little sadness, since I had to say goodbye to what was the best Disco I have had. I’ve been very lucky over the last 22 years and had Series 1,2,3,4 and now the 5, the last two being Commercials. If this truck performs as well as the 4 I will be more than happy.
    Still getting used to the vehicle, you know what it’s like, a lot of new software and just setting my preferences in the menus etc. First impressions, quieter, throatier engine noise, more comfortable. It’s the first truck I’ve had with ad blue so that will be different.
    One thing I have noticed is, it appears that I may not be able to take the grill off the bulkhead at the front of the load area ( like I did on the Disco 4 ) as it appears to be all in one piece . . . . . and I have no desire to get the grinder out!!! Maybe someone can help?
    I look forward to reading the posts and learning more about my Disco 5.
    Icemac.
  • Qwertyd5
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

New D5

Hi
    Just registered
    Collected my new D5 Commercial HSE yesterday
    Had a D3 which was terrible, had a D4 Commercial which was fantastic
    Hoping the D5 will be OK, although it had a “technical fault” on first collection and couldn’t be driven so was eventually ready yesterday!
    Also interested if the bulkhead can be removed?
  • Endjin
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Glad to be back in LR Land

Afternoon folks Thumbs Up

Having had 3 previous Landrover's (2 RR Sport's & a Disco4) I have finally come back in to the fold after residing in Audi Q7 land for 2 years. Every time I got in the Q7 I just kept feeling, Yeah it's ok, but it ain't a Landy! So, after a visit to Pentland's new showroom in Dundee I am now the happy owner of a lovely new Disco 5 HSE Lux 3.0 Tdi. I have to say the Pentland guys did a great deal and looked after me very well......Which can't be said for the rabble at Peter Vardy Aberdeen (They have a shocking attitude towards customers and will never ever get my custom)!

Anyway, I am loving my new Disco....nothing's fallen off yet....which is nice Whistle It feels really great to
    be driving a Landy again. I look forward to chatting with fellow owners on this forum... I'm sure it'll be just as useful & fun as when I was on RRSport & Disco4 previously! Very Happy Thumbs Up
  • Bogblaster
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

DiscoStu wrote:
    Hello chap

This is what I should have brought to Ice Fest - if it hadn’t failed PDI

That's identical to the one I have coming in December - January - February, depending on when they build it! Looks good Stu, pleased with it?
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Very Thumbs Up

So pleased that I get my next one in two weeks time!

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Well all you happy guys, all I can say is that from all my years as a LR praiser I have finally joined the naysayers.
    If I could go back six months I would have kept my D4 and crossed my fingers that nothing went wrong as up until now I have never had a problem with any of them.
    This one, a 3 litre D5 SE, taken delivery of on April has been nothing but a disappointment.
    Early service warnings three times, loss of Sat nav, telephone connectivity and intermittent radio, twice and panel in boot kept falling off.,
    Lack of courtesy vehicle for each visit to the LR garage.
    Now I have a Clunk in the middle pillar, drivers side when accelerating or braking sharply and sometimes when going over rough ground. Cannot be replicated at the LR dealer so no action taken.
    At start up I have the 'Check Spare Tyre pressure' warning which goes when driving off.
    Told by LR to ignore it until new software is introduced to rectify it and I will be called forward !!
    What a crock of Sh******* from start to finish.
    Investigated a trade for another marque, Toyota, Mercedes etc but only offered a third of what I paid for it so is out of the question. I am getting angrier and angrier every time I drive it now.
    My son bought a Dacia Duster at a fraction of the price I paid for this and has a better Sat Nav and better camera, almost the same size boot and more MPG I am beginning to wonder who was the biggest fool Sad

PS. Disco Stu, who is this guy called Chap ?

Last edited by EMcC on 13th Dec 2018 8:23 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • karmax
    Switzerland 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

New to the forum

Hi there! Bought my D5 2017MY in April. Have run more than 16K miles since then. Si5 HSE. The best family versatile car ever!
    i am in Ukraine, Kiev.
    Upgrades since the purchase:

TFT instrument cluster from MY2018
      Apple CarPlay
      Adaptive cruise control
      etc

• chrissswww
    United States 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

New to the forum!

I took delivery of a td6 disco 5 and I've already put 5000 miles on it, loving the car! Laughing
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

My D5 has finally settled down and I now take back all I said earlier.
    It is a dream to drive and goes anywhere and further for the gallon so am more than pleased.
    I still miss not being able to stand on the tail board and use the Bino's over the roof tho.
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Who is this guy called Chap ?
  • Wildboar
    United Kingdom 

Hello

New to LR5 ownership... Just bought a 2017 S with 16k on it... have lists of questions to ask
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

Look out Wildboar Smile
    I gave up shooting pheasants and now only do driven hunts for wild Boar November, December and January.
  • Wildboar
    United Kingdom 

I'm watching you Shocked
  • paulmacatessex
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si4 HSE Lux Aintree Green

Hi all,

As a D5 owner for the last 5 months, I look forward to drawing on and contributing expertise across the Landrover community to ensure my vehicle continues to give me great enjoyment and efficiency in the future.
  • BruceH
    South Africa 

Still deciding

Hi. I was a previous D3 x2 and D4 x 2 owner. Changed to LC200 but now maybe going back to a D5. Hope to learn a few things here to make a decision.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum