2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Hers and mine... :)

Hi,

this is my former DS (my wife drives it now) and my current D5. Smile

Greets,
    Hauser
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Looks good. Definitely an upgrade. Or is it upsize?
    Welcome.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Looks like a 'Toy' one on the left and a 'Real' one on the right Wink Laughing
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Had the Sport for a courtesy car a while ago.

Rougher sounding engine, drive was harder with rattling panels.

Was so glad jumping back into the D5.

Far smoother engine, ride, more interior space and better quality build materials.

Not dissing the Sport, as its a decent car but the D5 is a different machine altogether.

Its only when you have driven both that you appreciate the price hike.

End of the day you pay for supossed quality Whistle

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Hauser
    Germany 

Well there is a lot of truth in your post.

I had the DS before I got the D5. My DS is build pretty good. No rattling and only a couple of (mostly minor) issues so far. Before I ordered mine, I looked at one in detail and noticed the inferior build quality (compared to my former Audi). But what I saw was fine for me. Now, after 2.5 years, I am still in love with that red Disco Sport of ours. When thinking about getting the D5, I knew I would only do it if the DS would stay within the family. And lucky me, my wife agreed to take it, giving me the chance to get the D5.

The D5 is much more expensive and has therefore a nicer interior quality. And a lot more space! Very Happy And yes, I instantly notice this when I take a ride in my former DS. But hey, it is still a great car and fun to drive. Compared to my big and chunky D5, it feels like a sports car. Very Happy

Greets,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Hi Hauser, yes i can relate to all you have said.
    Initially test drove the Sport to replace the D4.
    Was not smitten tbh.
    Hence waited a year as put down a deposit on the D5 in March 2016.
    Another reason after i spoke to the salesman was that towing issue.
    He advised that the D5 was a superior tow vehicle than the Sport in terms of weight.
    I think he said 2 Tonne v 3.5 tonne, with braked trailers, but i stand corrected.
    Currently have an Evoque on loan, and same feelings towards that. Feels low rent compared to the D5.
    Enjoy the D5 Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • chicken george
    United Kingdom 

Nice one Hauser,

I might make the upsize in about a year, Im undecided

Disco sport is too much like a sports car, compared to our previous RRS so Mrs George is racking up speeding points/fines.
    Im actually starting to gel with the offset number plate.

Fancy number plates there.

CG

Chicken George, Land Rover owner for decades , and proud buyer of British products.
  • Hauser
    Germany 

And the other side... Wink

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Like how both have LR on the number plates Thumbs Up

• IndusD4
    Australia 

And the smaller one is half the bigger one Laughing

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Spooky 👻 coincidence Laughing

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum