Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• CumbrianCanary
    United Kingdom 

Remote Temperature Setting

Hi,

I have noticed that when using remote climate it doesn't matter what I set the temperature within the app, the car starts and maintains the temperature setting when the car was last used. Anyone else seen this?

TIA
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

It will revert back to whatever it was last set at once remote heating\cooling is completed
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

What DG said Smile

Also, if you have 4 zone climate, than you may only get cold air from the front vents, rear and middle vents blow “neutral air”
  • CumbrianCanary
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the answers! Seems an odd system to me. For instance, I drive into work early and it is cool outside, so I have the temp up in the car. The sun then comes out and heats the car up in the car park. I set the remote temperature to be cool (say 17) and then once it reaches that is reverts back to the original set temperature, which could have been 21. If I want the car at 17 then that's what I ask it to do! I guess that's just another 'feature' to get used to!!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

But if you only send the command 15 or 20 minutes before your arrival then surely it will achieve what you are looking for?
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

My understanding of the system is that the temperature you set on remote climate for remote starting, will never show on the in-car temperature display. So if you set it at 17 on remote climate and remote start it, when you get into the D5 and look at the set temperature, it will be at what you left it last time you were in the D5. From memory, none of the climate or infotainment is turned on during remote start. They turn on once you press the brake pedal.

You will notice the infotainment is not turned on when you remote start. So i believe none of the systems in the centre console are active. Remote climate has its own system that you cannot see other than on the remote app.

Try this, set the temperature to a high number, say 30, in the D5.
    Then set remote climate to 17 and start it remotely.
    Will the temperature be warm or cold when you open the door 10-15 minutes later ?

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Must admit I have never tried to cool the beast even though we have had a really hot summer. But writes it’s weight in plastic in the winter

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum