Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Bosscat
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Me too

Have just returned from a 2500 mile drive down through France to Northern Spain and thought I'd been fairly lucky that my car doesn't seem to suffer from the issues many of the people on this site have reported, but it seems that it's my turn now..

At 4500 miles the service indicator came up saying it was due for a service, but this is way too early..
    The "transmission not in Park" warning has happened several times now..
    Now my drivers side climate control is blowing hot when it should be cold..

I'm also worried that my bonnet catch doesn't always release the bonnet. It's as though it's right at the end of its travel. Anyone else noticed this? Need to get this adjusted before the bonnet won't open at all.

Booked into the dealer for this Friday to resolve. Will let you know how it goes. Confused
  • Bosscat
    United Kingdom 

Update

So it seems that the dealership want to keep the car over the weekend and into next week.
    They have been in touch with Land Rover about the combination of faults I have reported and they suspect a faulty module.
    I have to take my second key in over the weekend which would indicate that the module to be replaced will probably also require the keys to be re-programmed.
    They've loaned me a Discovery Sport for the duration, so fingers crossed it will all be sorted some time early next week.

Will keep you posted if you're interested.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

always interested Very Happy

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Re: Me too

Bosscat wrote:
    Have just returned from a 2500 mile drive down through France to Northern Spain and thought I'd been fairly lucky that my car doesn't seem to suffer from the issues many of the people on this site have reported, but it seems that it's my turn now..

At 4500 miles the service indicator came up saying it was due for a service, but this is way too early..
    The "transmission not in Park" warning has happened several times now..
    Now my drivers side climate control is blowing hot when it should be cold..

I'm also worried that my bonnet catch doesn't always release the bonnet. It's as though it's right at the end of its travel. Anyone else noticed this? Need to get this adjusted before the bonnet won't open at all.

Booked into the dealer for this Friday to resolve. Will let you know how it goes. Confused

The first two issues should be immediately known to any dealer worth their salt, and can be fixed in less than an hour - both are software flash fixes. The bonnet catch ought to take a decent mechanic a few minutes to sort. There is no reason whatsoever for key reprogramming or anything of the sort. I think we need to know who the dealer is......
  • Bosscat
    United Kingdom 

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.
    They may have found some other stuff I'm not aware of when they plugged in the diagnostics.
    Hopefully I'll find out a bit more tomorrow when I take the spare key in.
  • Bosscat
    United Kingdom 

A little update for you all...

I have just got my car back today after TWO WEEKS in the garage…

The “Premature Service Indicator” warning issue has not been fixed because Land Rover have advised the garage that the software fix previously used to resolve this issue has itself been found to be causing issues, so the update has been suspended by Land Rover pending them developing a fix for the fix..
    They say they will contact me when Land Rover have issued the revised update, and they are collecting details of anyone else reporting this same issue in the meantime.

The erroneous intermittent “Transmission not in Park” message they tell me has been fixed.
    They replaced a couple of modules (CJB and KVM ?) and updated software, but I believe that when they did this, the KVM module became corrupted, so they had to replace that module again and re-apply the update.

The Climate Control “Hot air blowing from Drivers side vents” issue has been fixed through a software update.

The “Bonnet release cable not always releasing the bonnet” issue has been fixed by them replacing the lever and cable.

I think the garage have tried hard but have been delayed by slow Land Rover technical support responses and long lead times for the various parts that have been required.

The Discovery Sport they lent me for the duration was OK, but I’m glad to be back in my Discovery 5.

• Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

very interesting thanks for sharing

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Bosscat wrote:
    The “Premature Service Indicator” warning issue has not been fixed because Land Rover have advised the garage that the software fix previously used to resolve this issue has itself been found to be causing issues, so the update has been suspended by Land Rover pending them developing a fix for the fix..
    They say they will contact me when Land Rover have issued the revised update, and they are collecting details of anyone else reporting this same issue in the meantime

A revised bulletin about this was issued yesterday, along with the patch for the diagnostics. I guess you were just unlucky and that they didn't see this before getting the car back to you.

KVM is probably PCM. Not entirely sure why they would have replaced both that and the CJB, but both would require extensive flashing in order to clone them. Possibly one or other was on back order, hence the delay. Otherwise, the programming part is just a few hours at the most.

Apart from being annoying, the service indicator is only that, and can be ignored.
  • VeryDisco5
    United Kingdom 

Not sure it should be ignored

Quote:
    Apart from being annoying, the service indicator is only that, and can be ignored.

Read JLRP00100.pdf.

This is also interesting. http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic48567.html
  • VeryDisco5
    United Kingdom 

Re: Me too

Bosscat wrote:
    At 4500 miles the service indicator came up saying it was due for a service, but this is way too early.

You are right, it IS way too early. But it doesn't necessarily mean that it is spurious. Diesel dilution may be to blame.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic47287.html
  • Bosscat
    United Kingdom 

Ok, you have me a little worried now but the oil level is fine, it's running sweetly, and logic tells me that if Land Rover have developed and are still developing an updated fix for the issue then there must be recognition that there is a generic fault.
    The garage had it for two weeks and were in dialogue with Land Rover tech support so on balance I presume it is a software fault.
    Confused
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Regarding the OP bonnet release cable, apparently there is a recall for this. Mine went in for it's 1,000km (2,450km actually) check-up where they mentioned it.

Although working at the moment, mine needs replacing as it is at the outside of tolerances.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Bosscat
    United Kingdom 

Bonnet (Hood) cable

I hope your dealer makes a better job of replacing the cable than mine did.
    All the plastic around the handle housing got chewed up when they removed it, and if I’m honest, the new cable only operates marginally better than the original one did.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum