Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Clobber Storage

Copied from other post as thought might be relevant here:

Where does everyone else store their Off road and recovery clobber?
    Its my wife's daily driver so needs to be out of the way ideally. Wink

struggling to "hide" my strops, shackles and gloves etc.. Rolling Eyes

Its only really a backup vehicle as my pickup has a permanent kit box of tools and recovery kit/winch etc but i feel naked driving about without basic stuff... Laughing not sure if anyone else relates to that..?
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Fair enough, I'll post it here too then Smile

I've put all of my straps, shackles and recovery dampers in the under floor storage as I have a 5 seater. I guess that doesn't help you though.

I use plugs to fix punctures rather than using the spare, which means i need to put the compressor somewhere still. In my D4 this was just sitting in the rear passenger foot well (in its own hard case) but I'm considering putting the compressor under the bonnet permanently (there's space on the driver side, it just needs a bracket to sit on).

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Labbix

I took out the filling behind the third row and put some off road stuff instead and the compressor is between the second row and the third row, with the 3 row down there is still some space left, not as much as with the D4, but it fits and I use the small storage spaces in the third row (the ones with the usb connection) for screw drivers and shackles and maximize the little space at the side of the third row, where the original emergency stuff from JLR is. But overall way less usable space than in the D4 (where you could even fill the space under the 2 row seats, but that’s gone...) it is true that now the bonnet (at least for MY17-1Cool is very empty...
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum