Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Gary
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Battery charger size

Hi I need to buy a battery charger and when I enquired some said AGM on the charger and some not which should I buy and what size 5 amp or higher to be used on 2018 Disco 5 3 litre Diesel and Range Rover 2017 4.4 Diesel bit confusing
  • Labbix

Check ctek website, I have both the 3 (mxs3.8)and 5 (mxs5) ampère chargers, mxs 5 is a bit faster and more specific for the start stop batteries (agm). Bought the 5 amp as the 3 amp was good for the disco 4, but too slow for the disco 5, but that’s personal. If I remember well these have a 5 year warranty and the higher amp chargers only 2 years (but check locally of course). Wouldn’t give extra money for the mxs5 with the tester as I doubt I would use it and have normal testers as well at the house. The 5 amp is fast enough and cheaper than the heavier chargers.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I have a CTEK MSX5.0 test&charge which is a multi stage charger / conditioner, this has a max output of 5A. You can leave this connected to the battery even when full so good when not using the car for a while. It is fine for a D4/D5 battery. I would have thought it would do the battery in your RR as well, might take a bit longer to charge.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Gary
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Battery Charger size

Thanks have just ordered CTEK MX 5
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum