Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Bluetincan
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Retrofitting seat cooling

Does anyone know if it's possible to simply retrofit the cooling fans in the front seats?

My D5 currently has the heated seats (perforated) and the controls set up for both heating and cooling.

I would think that it would just be a matter of installing the fans and connecting to the wiring harness.

Any thoughts?
  • vkord
    Canada 

Will you be willing to buy some extra parts and remove the seat cover to achieve some moderate comfort enhancement. Hardly noticeable unless you drive in a celt frequently.
    Check it out in the other car and see how it feels.

• Bluetincan
    United States 

I’ve used it in the dealer loaner and it makes a difference.

I get that it’s not for everyone, but I live in Texas and it’s hot forever here.

Any idea what the cost would be?
  • vkord
    Canada 

The picture is from that italian workshop manual, so no price there, sorry. I am not sure if Topix has parts catalog, I doubt you can get price there. My guess it is under $800 but you would probably need software update. Check out some salvaged LRs at http://www.car-part.com/, design probably standard since 2016.
    In lexus and toyota performance of ventilated seats was not so great, perhaps LR got it right.
  • Labbix

They got it right for the part you sit on, a bit less powerful for the back which could have been a bit stronger for my liking, although you can choose between 3 settings. I use it daily and am happy I have it. The massage function is not that great, could do with some improvement, but I guess you can’t have it all Wink
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum