Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

19MY SDV6 HSE - It Has Arrived!!!

Hi All,

So after waiting for almost 2 months we picked up our D5 last Saturday. It was built on the 19th and got delivered to the dealer by the 25th which seemed pretty swift. First impressions, loving this car so much. I am so glad I went for the 3L after considering the 2L for a while. It is sooo silky smooth. I'm driving it really softly without pushing it much since its still only circa 300 miles on the clock. So far the oil service count seems to be saying 15.8k miles till next service, will keep my eye on this. Averaged 42mpg on my first 100 ish mile motorway drive and was very surprised (it was mostly 50/60 limit along the M6). These days my daily work commute seems to return circa 30mpg. This seems to have arrived with the 18C version of the infotainment and works pretty well. Got the 500mb sim card (took a day or so to work out that I needed to activate it!!) but all seems to be working ok. Why oh why did LR have to do soo many different apps for different features (incontrol remote/route planner/incontrol apps etc). The adaptive cruise control with steer assist it amazing to use, makes long motorway drives soo soo much easier as the car pretty much steers itself along the motorway.

Small niggle, driver side seat memory switch pack appears to have not been fitted properly (booked in with dealer next week). This looks like its pushed in (photos below). Nice touch from the dealer to have a very nice looking picnic basket filled with goodies in the boot Very Happy

I do have a question about the HUD. Can someone check and let me know if the HUD displays Nav info with arrows/roudabout signs and distances etc? I have ticked nav info on the HUD menu but all I get is the road name appear on the HUD and no direction arrows or other visuals. My previous BMW on the other hand was very good and showed a load more info on NAV/Radio/Phone etc. The D5 doesnt even show the radio/media when I change channels on the HUD! Not sure if this is how its supposed to work or I have a problem. Certainly a step back when comparing it to the BMW HUD.

So spec is as follows:
    19MY D5 HSE
    Narvik Black
    Privacy glass
    Head Up Display
    LED Adaptive Headlights
    4 Zone Climate control
    Added Dynamic grille and set or LR floor mats today

Photos below:

• Paramike
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Thumbs Up looking good and the discovery Very Happy
  • graemesmith1960
    Scotland 

Mine was delivered with 15000 miles to oil service! It had sat at the dealers for 3 weeks after being PDI'd as it was built and delivered by 6th Aug but I didn't get it registered until 1st Sep. Looking at another thread I suspect the Oil Service counter also has a time element as well. So far it is holding steady against miles driven - only 1350 so far so early days.

2019 Sd6 HSE Corris Grey
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

looks great. Discos not bad either.. Laughing
    m6 at 50 to 60? must have been a quiet time of day... Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Laughing
    Dynamic grilles are a big must do!

enjoy!

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Very nice - I'd be interested to hear more about the HUD - hopefully someone who has one will respond soon.

What goodies did you get in the basket?
    Thumbs Up

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I was disappointed with the HUD in general, it is virtually not visible when wearing (polarised) sunglasses so I'm glad I didn't order as an option.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Dodlestonian wrote:
    Very nice - I'd be interested to hear more about the HUD - hopefully someone who has one will respond soon.

What goodies did you get in the basket?
    Thumbs Up

The goodies are probably a set of spanners for when the car breaks down and a diy kit for testing the oil dilution issues plus a bottle of ad blue Rolling with laughter

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

And a USB to do the map updates!
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I really like your motor. All cars should be black!

And I too am amazed and well chuffed with the Adaptive Cruise Control.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 

Found out today that the dealer appears to have screwed up my order!! When I specified the car I made sure I added the Technology Plus Pack which gave me HUD, Adaptive headlamps and solar attenuating windscreen. The dealer when they sent me the order form had included this, however they had to ammend the order a few weeks later as the original order had pulled in the 18MY pricing but what I had failed to spot was the tech plus pack had been replaced somehow at that point by just HUD only. So I appear to have ended up with the car only having HUD and despite me thinking it had adaptive headlights it does not!! Very annoyed with the dealer now. Have sent them a message and waiting to hear back. I only noticed today when I had the bonnet open and noticed the description of the LED headlamps which read 'mid line headlamp' which upon doing some digging came up as the non adaptive type!!

I am guessing I have the right to demand a buyback/hand back as this is not what I ordered? What are my options? Any thoughts? I think if they wanted to they should be able to upgrade the headlamps to adaptive by swapping out the units. Gutted to find this out Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 

So the website had this image for HUD. Does anyone else have similar graphics.I dont get any arrows like this for Nav.

• IndusD4
    Australia 

I guess you could opt for a settlement, refund due to you for not having adaptive headlights. Unless adaptive headlights are a must and you daren't take the car out at night without them then give it back and order another.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 

So finally managed to sort out the HUD. Had to dig around and fixed it myself. It turns out one of the data link wires between the HUD and instrument cluster was not plugged in!!! I found it dangling behind the cluster still with the protective tape on it!! Must have been a Fri afternoon assembly job. Plugged it in and full colour nav info appears on the HUD:

• Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Hi MalithS care to share your current mileage vs service interval? Still wondering if the SDV6 is the fix for early services? Thanks
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 

Hi,

So far my car is showing the following:

Mileage: 1540 miles
    Oil Service : 14000 miles
    Def: 7269 miles

So far suggesting 15.5k miles for service. Fingers crossed this keeps going at the same rate. Out of my mileage so far about 400-500 have been motorway miles and the rest has mostly been driving about town in slow traffic (school run/office etc) circa 25 miles per day.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum