Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• D5Comm
    United Kingdom 

What sort of money is the rear seat conversion now?

Have avoided it in the last 4 Disco's but looking like the next one I will need to do it.

With reference to HMRC issue, I thought that as long as the seats remain folded flat when not in use and side windows are blacked out there was no case to answer?
  • samyil
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

£5 k Inc vat.
  • D5Comm
    United Kingdom 
  • Soppy
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Yulong White

Seems to be it is ok for vat status but for HMRC it wouldn’t be, as they have different requirements, my accountant says I would be opening a big can of worms and could be back taxed as a car not a van. Yes I could claim the vat back but not claim as a van for tax purposes. I would love to do it as it would help when transporting the extra guy on the odd occasion but Can’t take the risk of getting back taxed and ignoring the accountant. Anybody know different ?
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Nope, the tax laws are clear. I am afraid you have to suck it up, You can’t have the tax advantages of a Commercial whilst modifying it into what would be a Car.
  • D5Comm
    United Kingdom 

Well, I'd never had the rear seat conversion and Thought I would do on this one. But having read that latest legislation it does seem pretty clear. If they don't catch you you're alright but a mate of mine got caught a few years ago by them and it was costly.

I'm guessing the letter that the companies provide is an old version that doesn't meet current rules?
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

anyone thought of insurance implications with this?
    heaven help you if you had a prang with "rear passengers" in a discovery commercial.. Whistle

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum