Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labergorce
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

In-Car SIM

Picked up my Disco5 a couple of weeks ago and thoroughly loving it apart from it going back to the dealers this week in limp mode - but that's a whole other story.

It currently doesn't have a micro SIM in it and i'm looking in to getting one but other than having a wifi hotspot in the car what are the actual benefits of connecting the car to the interweb with a data SIM?

cheers
  • patrickl
    United Kingdom 

Real time traffic, online mapping, connectivity to the web and for software updates. You can buy a data only SIM via Amazon on the 3 network that gives around 12GB of data for a year on PAYG for about £30. Gives me all I need for a year, then buy another rather than top up.
  • marvin
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si4 HSE Corris Grey

Three have a free data sim 200mb/month - fine for basic map/route sync

https://www.three.co.uk/Free_SIM_MBB/Order
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Put my free 3 sim in and data has connected BUT, Three have hijacked my browser!!! Everytime I load the browser I just get a flash screen telling me that I need to order more data!!!! If I put in another URL, it goes back to the splash screen.

I am also getting the message from the Navigation system that they can't connect but the problem is their end and to try again later.

Anyone else trying to deal with this rubbish?

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Buy one rather than this skinflint rubbish!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

I have been using a "real" one but thought I would try this. Now I've cancelled the previous one!!

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! 😃😃😃
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

danfrancis wrote:
    Three have a free data sim 200mb/month - fine for basic map/route sync

Tried this but found that 200mb wasn't quite enough for 1 month for me. I do use SatNav and Route/Sync a lot (but not satellite view maps) Most annoying thing with this data only free SIM is that you need to register it (in a phone) before you can use it in the car.

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum