Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Fish4funjb
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

MY 2017 HSE. Screens were freezing and blanking out. Had first service done as well. Also had update done for chassis control module to see if it fixes my led not being recognized. I haven’t had time to hook trailer up yet. I don’t want to have to use the resistors to trick the truck so heard 2018 had that issue fixed so they tried that on mine, will know tomorrow if it’s fixed or not.
    Apple CarPlay works amazing though.

2017 D5 HSE Si6
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Re: Finally!

Fish4funjb wrote:

Got installed today and works perfect so far. I always thought that this was the only thing missing and now I have it I love it more now!

do you have digital speedo? does it still show sat nav etc when using ACP and any of the sat nav apps? what options does it give u know to display in the speedo?

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Fish4funjb
    United States 

No I don’t have digital dash

2017 D5 HSE Si6
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Be aware that dealers have been advised by JLR the installation of the software update to activate the Smartphone Pack (part of the ICTP update) will only be eligible for a warranty claim to the extent that a customer expresses a concern with other aspects of the system.

If you just ask you dealer to install the Smartphone Pack, you might well now be told that this is something you will have to pay for. Clearly a dealer/client relationship matter, but something for owners to be aware of.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Fish4funjb wrote:
    MY 2017 HSE. Screens were freezing and blanking out. Had first service done as well. Also had update done for chassis control module to see if it fixes my led not being recognized. I haven’t had time to hook trailer up yet. I don’t want to have to use the resistors to trick the truck so heard 2018 had that issue fixed so they tried that on mine, will know tomorrow if it’s fixed or not.
    Apple CarPlay works amazing though.

I don't want to hi-jack the thread but as you mentioned LED trailer lights, I wondered how you got on after the chassis control module update?

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Fish4funjb
    United States 

It was firmware update to fix fault and it was included in the update of the module.

2017 D5 HSE Si6
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Ok but does the car now recognise the trailer with LED lights?

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Fish4funjb
    United States 

Hopefully will know this weekend when I get some time to try it. Will update later.

2017 D5 HSE Si6
  • Bluetincan
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

winger wrote:
    Be aware that dealers have been advised by JLR the installation of the software update to activate the Smartphone Pack (part of the ICTP update) will only be eligible for a warranty claim to the extent that a customer expresses a concern with other aspects of the system.

If you just ask you dealer to install the Smartphone Pack, you might well now be told that this is something you will have to pay for. Clearly a dealer/client relationship matter, but something for owners to be aware of.

All you need to do is say you're having "connectivity issues". Bluetooth dropping etc.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Thus, you would be expressing a concern......
  • Hissinsid
    United Kingdom 

Just for info, if you pay its £200, i just specced it on a new build ffrr.

S

D5 2.0L HSE gone Oct 2018 and gladly forgotten.
    Not one day of trouble free motoring.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

so apparently ACP is being postponed for us unlucky ones with ICTP without the pro Sad apparently when trying to install the update the system give an error roughly stating that the Media USBs are not compatible! WTF JLR!!! Censored Censored Censored

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Fish4funjb
    United States 

Update***
    So the only bug per say I see is if I remote start my truck and then get in touch the brake then it will play anything on my phone like its playing through Apple Carplay, but it says on the screen Apple Carplay not available on ICTP screen Basically have to wait till the next time for the system to reboot. This only happens when I remote start. Other than that it works great.

It could be as simple as a way that cannot hook straight up to it when you first get in. Im going to try remote start start driving then see what happens after that.

2017 D5 HSE Si6
  • Fish4funjb
    United States 

IndusD4 wrote:
    Ok but does the car now recognise the trailer with LED lights?

And that's a negative on the led working after the module firmware update. So still have to use my adapter I made. Oh well....

2017 D5 HSE Si6
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Sorry to hear that, I had hoped an update would fix it.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum