Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Coffeecup
    United Kingdom 

Driving with the boot open

Hi,

I had a trip to do yesterday back from IKEA with one of those long boxes they sell, and had it laid in the back of the car including the fold down flap. As expected the boot wouldn't come down when button pressed as it couldn't raise the flap, so I pulled it down manually until it was just touching the IKEA box.

What I'd like to know is has anyone found a way to stop the boot from rising - which it quietly did, little by little, as we drove home and went over a bump in the road Confused

On my D4 it was fine to have the lower part of the boot flat with the top part closed - effectively leaving a gap for IKEA boxes Very Happy

Laurence
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Yes there is a way to stop the tailgate from opening further, which they showed us on the Land Rover experience day. I thought it was something with pressing and holding the button you press to close the tailgate. But as none of the online manuals are available I can't check and be certain.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Yep, press and hold while the tailgate is opening until you hear a chime.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

You’re basically setting the opening height, at the low setting that you desire and would need to reset at the end of your journey.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

This is one reason why I wish they had made the rear glass open separately. Had that on my Touareg and it was very useful.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum