Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• IndusD4
    Australia 

Dogs

I thought I'd start a dogs thread here as well, to avoid going off topic too much in other threads. This is the reason for having a D5 and previously a D4. They need some space too.

Taken 3 months ago, our retrievers left to right, Aston 2 months, Bentley 4 and Mia 11

And taken today, left to right Aston, Mia, Bentley.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Sam and Toby as puppies. Proper little horrors.

Click image to enlarge

One of the last pics of them together, we lost Sam in May. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Click image to enlarge

And a recent one of Toby. Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Thumbs Up Gorgeous!

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Here's a couple of my dog, she's coming up to 12 now and a bit greyer, a bit like me really Wink
    She is an English Springer cross Labrador and has a nose that can smell a partridge from across the other side of a football pitch.
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Here’s my two pooches, which comfortably fit in the D5 boot without dropping or moving the rear seats.

And also with their friends, but it’s a push without changing the rear seats but still just possible for short journeys only, so long as they don’t all try to lay down.

We don’t like to bring the rear seats forward, giving at most an additional 6” of space, as this leaves a gap in the floor that one of the pooches could easily get their leg trapped - poor design!

Too be honest the D4 provided the pooches more room in general and certainly more headroom, which is more evident when having four large pooches in the boot (none of this single CAD retriever balony!).
    The fold down tailgate was better for pooches as it saved them from scratching either side of the tailgate aperture from their collars.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

EMcC - She's beautiful. I hope she retrieves the partridge though. Something mine don't even do with a ball - not sure why they're called retrievers Smile

Big Al - So cute! I don't move the middle row seats either due to having the dog guard. This actually takes some space away from the boot as it sits about an inch and a half in front of the middle row seats.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 

Mine don’t retrieve anything. They’ll happily watch you throw the ball, run vaguely in the ball direction then sniff something and then come back and watch you get the ball. Absolutely useless at retrieving things 😁
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

IndusD4 wrote:
    Thumbs Up Gorgeous!

Thanks. Thumbs Up
  • Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

• EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Ha Ha mine finds rubber balls almost anywhere.
    I exercise her in isolated places on Salisbury Plain and she still manages to find tennis balls or broken ones so the places aren't as isolated as I thought.
    She also has a nose for bits of broken tank track pad, also rubber so perhaps she has a rubber fetish Wink
    She put up a pheasant the other day and stood and stared at me when it flew, almost as if to say "well aren't you going to shoot it, how can I fetch it if you don't bring it down "
    To me she is absolutely lovely but having had dogs before I know a time will come when I will cry my eyes out as other dog owners will know.
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 

Yes they’re family, and I never look forward to that moment.

However, it’s nicer that we can euthanise them when that time comes rather than having to see you best mate, and family member, in pain.
    All of mine have left us cuddled in my arms, and whilst it’s heartbreaking when that time comes it the kindest way.
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

Unfortunately we lost Toby this morning. Seasonal shot of him with Sam from earlier in the year, who he’s now beside in the back garden.

Click image to enlarge
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

This is Krystal, our 1 year old Viszla-Lab mix. She is utterly obsessed with ball chasing, whereas our older Lab mix (12.5 yrs) Indy didn't get the Retriever bit. She also has a bit of separation anxiety (thus the ghetto couch cover up). Indy prefers to chase the ball, then chew on it until it's in tiny bits while playing keep-away. He's getting older and just had some surgery for some rather alarming skin growths on his neck but he's still pretty spry for an almost 13-year old pup. In the last pic, he's using the Jedi Mind Trick to convince me to give him some turkey at Thanksgiving this year.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by DieselRanger on 1st Dec 2018 4:54 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

DSL wrote:
    Unfortunately we lost Toby this morning. Seasonal shot of him with Sam from earlier in the year, who he’s now beside in the back garden.

Sorry to hear that. They are family, and it's hard to know they have to go sooner than we'd like them to. I know Indy's day is coming...we are waiting to hear if the growths on his neck were cancerous...a few more small ones have popped up elsewhere. I just hope it's not all that soon.
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

:Many thanks. And your two look fab. Give then a little extra hug from us today. Thumbs Up
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum