= Electric sunroof
    - Adaptive headlights
    - Privacy glass
    - Capability Plus Pack
    - Adaptive Dynamics
    - Electrically deployable towbar
    - Cooler compartment
    - Surround Camera System

It will be a 19 plate so we'll need to be patient. It will mean saying goodbye to the Disco 3 we've had for 11 years and the much newer Mini Cooper S which is an amazing machine. Big Cry

Andrew
  • bammmy

Congratulations, you have chosen well both musically and car wise
    👍👍👍
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Hi chaos theory...

Looks like we have very similar taste, I have just ordered a very similar spec to you!

Bring on March!
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I always did like the cut of your jib

Thumbs Up

Andrew
  • D5Comm
    United Kingdom 

Nothing flash as this is a true workhorse. Off road and towing daily, fully loaded in the rear every day and about 25k road miles.

MY19 D5 Commercial SE SDV6 Corris Grey
    Only additions - Black roof rails and multi height tow bar.
    Due 1st March 2019
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

They quoted me 3 months delivery on August 6th same as you.
    My car was built today but I'm told I won't get it till mid January now
    Not a prob for me, just giving you heads up, mine looks like taking upwards of 5 months and I live in the UK.

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • D5Comm
    United Kingdom 

Oh!! Shocked
    Thanks for the heads up. Most of the stories I'd heard were about cars arriving early.
    How long before you found out it wasn't gonna be ready for the 3 month date?
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Hi,
    Ordered on 6th August.
    Estimated handover was 31st October on my order.
    I had an email mid October telling me car is now showing November.
    Then I got another mid November saying car now showing December.

I went to watch it being made on Wednesday 5th December and was told 14th January even if I collect at the factory.
    I think the Christmas 2 week shutdown hasn't helped.

I'm currently unhappy with my dealer (Inchscape Chester) they are insisting on registering the car in December and I'm saying if I have to wait until January 2019 then I don't want it registering until 2019.

Dealer is insisting that the deal I'm getting expires at the end of December - I'm not very impressed.
    I'd be grateful for some advice from this forum? Confused

regards
    AJ

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

It strikes me that they have baked this completion and registration into their numbers for the end of the quarter. I would have thought that the decision rests with you so perhaps there is a little something they could do to sweeten the deal and help you with that decision?

Worst comes to the worst you could call their bluff. Are they suggesting that "the deal expires so they won't sell you the car? I doubt it...
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Hi Rikster,
    Yes you're probably right.
    I'm guessing whether its registered in 2018 or 2019 will probably affect the value but I couldn't guess how much?

It doesn't seem fair expecting me to wait until 2019 AND registering in 2018

I think my dealer is speaking to JLR to see if they can push it through in December, I suppose that would satisfy the criteria, I'm happy with that as long as they don't rush the PDI.

As I'm collecting it from the factory I've been told their PDI team give the vehicles the same scrutiny as those they sell to Royalty!
    I'm not sure this is true, but to my mind its more likely to get done properly at the factory than at my local dealers, in addition, if there's any issues they won't be short of parts! Rolling with laughter

• Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Bear in mind also that registering, in most cases, also means taxing. Both that, and the warranty clock could start ticking.
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Hi Chopsy,

Thats a good point I hadn't thought of
    cheers
    AJ

• chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Dodlestonian wrote:

That's it in a nutshell and I wouldn't accept this either. Seems like an unsustainable position.

If you're collecting it from the factory, then what exactly is it doing between now and 14 January anyway?

Andrew
  • D5Comm
    United Kingdom 

Hmmm,

1 week into my order and I'm panicking now. I suspect the dealer needs it in December to reach that quarters target? You could just say you don't want it if thats the case and see what they say?

Or ask about them putting a 4th years warranty on it?

One quote I had had got the Year 4 warranty cost added into the total price. Firstly I was annoyed and secondly I didn't think it was doing the credibility of a new Discovery many favours.
    Plus, if you flog it after 3 years you've paid for someone else warranty.
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

chaos_theory wrote:
    Dodlestonian wrote:

That's it in a nutshell and I wouldn't accept this either. Seems like an unsustainable position.

If you're collecting it from the factory, then what exactly is it doing between now and 14 January anyway?

I think it's got something to do with a two week shutdown at the factory, they're back on 3rd January.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum