Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Activity Key fitment

Just for info in case anyone was thinking of doing the fitment of the control unit of the activity key. It dead easy, you could do it easy in 10-20 mins and have a cup of tea. Remove the two interior lights in the tailgate boot and disconnect, remove one screw in recessed interior boot handle and from that part free the plastic trim from the bottom pegs. Disconnect the boot raise and lower tailgate button. Then remove the rest of the plastic trim.

The two wired green electrical plug can be viewed as per photo. Release it from the electrical tape that secures it to the loom and from there you connect the module etc. just as the info sheet on the LR accessory site.

There has been a service department at a dealership so I am told, that seemed to think you might have needed another loom wire to connect up the control module and that the supplied wire wasn’t there. This is not the case. God help us if they can’t get that right!

Anyway, the information might be useful to people and I have one for sale on this site.

PHOTOS

The green connector is an unsed electrical socket for the activity Key control unit.

The connector is pulled down.

The Activity Key control unit attached to the green connector.

The Activity Control unit in its plastic holder pushes just under the metal trim.

• IndusD4
    Australia 

That looks very easy although I would lose a clip or two when doing it. The next step is to program the activity key to the car? Can the IIDTool do that or is it a trip to the dealer?

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

No clips to loose, just a couple of plastic pegs to fix the plastic bracket that holds the Activity Key control unit to the framework of the car. The plastic clips in the plastic boot trim are fixed, so you can’t loose them either.

I believe you can programme it via the ID tool, but that’s an informed third party conversation, I don’t know personally.

The quotes I had from two dealerships were £50 and £75 to enable it failing that.

I purchased it to fit and use it, but decided against it based on the fact I would probably only use it the odd time or two, so it would be an unnecessary extravagance.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Thanks. I was thinking of getting one, we often walk the dogs on the beach and I'm alway worried about the key getting wet so tend to put it in a ziplock bag in my pocket. Which asks for a more elegant solution...

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

They are a good idea, I envisaged is be out in the boat more or up a mountain, but life isn’t like that unfortunately. Despite it being on my doorstep you get caught up with the every day things in life.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Using mine more and more, going out for the night dont really want a bunch of keys in pocket so use the activity key.
    As for programing, didnt think the IId tool supported the D5 yet

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

You could be right, I was surprised too, but I was certain I heard someone had done it, could be a heap of rubbish that said.
  • Labbix

When I have the car, meaning when it’s not at the dealer, I always use the activity key. It is just brilliant. It got me stranded once, but if you know how to reactivate it, you are on the go again in a minute.
    If I would get rid of the car, this feature will be one of the main things I will miss!
  • Labbix

No worries when horse riding, swimming, diving where I would hide or keep the car keys!
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

The IIDTool works fine on the D5 but only for basic functionality. So fault reading and clearing and I suppose resetting service indicator. CCF programming doesn’t work yet but I am unsure about key programming - but likely not yet supported yet as it involves programming.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum