Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• finn
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (180) SE Santorini Black

Fixed tow bar extention

I want to hang my motorcycle carrier from the tow bar but it fouls the bumper if i used an extention like the picture does anyone have an idea how much % or weight it will reduce the 200kg to

• IndusD4
    Australia 

I've not used one of those ever nor a motorcycle carrier, but our maximum tow ball weight is 350Kg. If your motorbike was 200Kg I would have thought the tow bar is able to support the weight even with a short extension.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • finn
    United Kingdom 

Tuanks for your thoughts i know the tow ball is 350 but the nose weight is 200 so its more about the integrity of the extention keeping me within reason the bikes are enduro bikes so max 120kg but the rack is maybe 30kg as well
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I thought max tow ball weight and trailer nose weight amounted to one and the same. This is from the handbook, which mentions tow ball mounted accessories. And the weight for those is pretty low, seems to me you can add a push bike or two on a rack but not a 120Kg motorbike.

Maybe putting the bikes on a trailer would be safer option to stay within LR guide lines and not voiding any tow bar warranty claims?

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • finn
    United Kingdom 

http://www.easylifter.co.uk

Interesting ive been using one of these racks on discos for 15 years its only that the 5 is so close to the bumper that i need the extention?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum