Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

ID Please

When I started the vehicle up this morning the following warning came up on my dashboard. It said press OK to clear, I did but I still ended up with the warning triangle left, The message said that No EFB available and that my windscreen camera was obscured ?? I don't have a windscreen camera as far as I know !!
    Any idea what is going on, should I contact my LR dealer ?
    Also I am still getting a clunk from the pillar by my shoulder when accelerating or braking so decided to have a look round and found this loose under my seat, Anybody know what it is and should I be worried - Again Sad
    It looks like a fuse with an LED on the end of it..
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Hi

Not sure about the part you have found.

Your display seems to show AEB not available (autonomous emergency braking). Not sure where detector is - possibly rear view mirror. As it was cold this morning, could ice have been obscuring something?
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

What on earth is - autonomous emergency braking, that must be something else I didn't know I had Very Happy
    If I look hard enough will I find a fridge and sink unit as well Laughing
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I wouldn't want to rely on it but it is supposed to lessen the chance of you driving into another car or pedestrian. Think it brakes if you show no sign of taking action. It is in the handbook.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

The AEB cameras x 2 are both situated on either side of the rear view mirror.
    You havent had the windscreen replaced recently, and the part fell out possibly ?
    Like Chopsy says the system is not fool proof. It only works up to 35 mph approximately if my memory serves me correctly - There are a few videos on you tube.
    Stand outside and you will see 2 small squares at the top of the windscreen, which are the forward facing cameras. Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • L90Andy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

Watch this from 2:13:

Error message likely due to frost obscuring the camera(s) as sometime not within the wiper sweep zone.

No idea on the part though sorry.
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Re: ID Please

EMcC wrote:

Do you have climate seats?
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

If Climate Seats is a posh name for Heated Seats, then yes, if not I don't have them Sad
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Mine did this the other day when the windscreen was iced over, it took a while to clear and didnt reset till i stopped at the garage to fill up and then re startted it,

Screen cleared all was OK.

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

AEB quite often reported unavailable on frosty mornings, requires clear line of sight from cameras. Nothing to worry about - at least until we get self driving cars....

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 

If the bit I found has anything to do with 'Climate Control' with it not in place would that explain why it takes an awful long time for the cab to warm up on these cold mornings ?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum