Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Tedworth
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Battery draining itself - anyone else having same issue?

I'm not sure if this is since the latest software update but my battery has drained itself down on 2 occasions in the past month.

This happens despite the car having been used frequently and for long runs so it may be that something isn't always shutting down properly when the car is locked.

My local LR dealer can't fit the car in until January 22nd and if I wanted a courtesy car it would mean waiting until February Censored

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Happy Christmas
    TW
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Called Landrover assist? guess theyll try charging it but then if it needs to go in..

Theyl'l get your car priority into dealers, then you get a courtesy car provided by JLR direct Not the dealer.
    (vehicle "float" round dealers im told)

at least thats how it worked for me with a DS.

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • Tedworth
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Thanks - yep, LR Assist have been out twice. The first time they updated the software again (minor update) and then it was charged and was fine for 3 weeks.

The second time LR sent the AA out who reset the battery and left the car running for an hour to recharge it.

The third time (which I suspect will come to pass) will be the one where I'll ask them to take the car away until it's fixed giving me a loan car in the interim.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum