Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Buying New Experience

Following my original visit to Inchscape Chester when my experience was less than perfect,
    "no sorry we don't have any D5's available for you to test drive"
    "no sorry we won't have one tomorrow either" etc. I won't bore you with the rest. . . .

I went in to pay for the car yesterday and my experience was significantly better.

A couple of things to watch out for.
    Sales guy banged two reg plates on the desk along with bag of car care goodies and my SIM card.
    reg plates were upside down and I didn't get much chance to look, there was a lot going on.
    Once it was registered I realised my reg plate virtually spelt out a word that I'd rather it didn't.
    I'm not sure this was a distraction technique but it felt like it might have been.

Also I took out the PCP and agreed a 12K p.a. It takes a lot of finding among all the docs they get you to sign to find the actual agreed mileage, which, turned out to be 10K p.a - not a prob for me, but maybe for someone.

Other than that it was a good experience - their coffee is good too Very Happy
    I'm collecting my car from Solihull factory on Wednesday, so nothing more to add yet.

cheers
    AJ

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Okay, got to see the reg number. Photo? Thumbs Up
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Reg no ends in FYK

close enough?
    Rolling with laughter

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Naw, need to see it! I can be a bit thick at times. Laughing

That said, maybe someone at the dealership had them made that way for a laugh? Did you see anyone watching? Snigger
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

hi Dave,
    I don't think it was for a laugh, I'm thinking they use this trick with everyone until they get rid of numbers that are difficult to sell.

• IndusD4
    Australia 

Time to get a private plate and transfer it to the new car each time you come to sell?

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Good point

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum