Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

HSE Lux MY17 with LED - adaptive lights?

I tried reading some threads and got lost. Some folks seem to have adaptive lights and others cornering lights. We don’t have either, I noticed while trying to do a very tight dark bend at walking speed this evening.

Should a HSE Lux of MY17 have one or the other as standard do we know?

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I don't think they were standard on any model. I think lower models had halogen and higher models had LED.

I've got the adaptive LEDs. They don't move or swivel, they use different patterns of LEDs at different times. You can tell that the beam pattern changes when going from Park to Drive.

At low speeds, the beam is short and wide. Both cornering lamps are on full time to achieve this. So you wouldn't notice anything changing if driving slowly.

Above about 30mph, the cornering lights go out and central LEDs come on to give a longer narrower beam. Now, if you corner and keep your speed up you'll see the inside cornering lights turning on and off as necessary.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

That's it JonM. It took ages for me to notice how they changed, partly due to me expecting them to swivel etc as per previous model, which they obviously do not. I must admit I don't think the LED's are as good as the previous HID's but thats 'progress' I suppose.
  • Hedgehog
    Germany 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Aruba

I had the HIDs on my Disco 4 and was never satisfied. I even would say that the HIDs of the D.3 where better Question But the adaptive LEDs are awesome even in bad weather conditions Cool

Hedgehog
    Disco 4 Nara bronze gone but not forgotten - Disco 5 Luxury Aruba / Light Oyster
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Thanks, that makes sense. I don’t have adaptive, so shouldn’t expect a beam change.

So the cornering light others have talked about is another and different option? In the old discovery and extra bulb lit the sides when turning and some people here have talked about a light low down payment n the front illuminating when turning. ??

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum