Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

Alarm [false] activation

Help !! Our Disco has started having fits of the alarm setting off about every 2 hours during the evening/night (to the great annoyance of my neighbours)

I've tried single locking / double locking neither of which solves the problem.

Is this an issue I should raise with Land Rover Assistance as I can't wait weeks until a dealer can fit me in.

Does anyone know where the alarm sensor(s) are for the bonnet? On my way home tonight I had a red triangle lap lit up and it showed a pic of the car with the left half of the bonnet indicated. I stopped and opened and shut the bonnet and that went off. Could this be related to the alarm problem ?!?

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Yes it could be.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

no help I am afraid, but my D3 suffered from this and a new bonnet latch solved the issue.

My D5 2017 hse has not had this problem Smile

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Front drivers side bonnet catch. The bonnet switch is part of the lock.

I too had false alarms just after delivery due to the bonnet switch . I took the car back to my dealer unannounced and they repaired it almost immediately. I think it’s a known issue as it has been on many discos in the past. Cheap microswitch most likely!

Jon
  • Labbix

Wasn’t something on Topix relating to this bonnet latch? I’m quite sure I saw something about a good month ago.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

There is one that relates to the bonnet release cable, my car went was checked for that. From memory there may be too much slack in the cable resulting in the bonnet not opening when pulling the bonnet release handle.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • TazDaz
    England 

Alarm [false] activation [UPDATE]

So last night the alarm went off three times Sad Sad Censored
    Easch time I unlocked and relocked it but the last time I found I could not re-lock it
    Just got two little beeps ....
    Does the car keep a log of events anywhere?

• Labbix

Yes, the car logs almost everything and for a long time. But I don’t think you can read it yourself, the dealer can. Maybe with a special tool like Indus has? But not specifically ready for D5 yet:

https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/
  • TazDaz
    England 

Found the problem Censored

The manual said there is information as to the last alarm activated.
    "The cause of the last alarm activation can be displayed from the Vehicle info menu in the instrument panel." so looked at that and it says "bonnet" Banging Head

After reading the user manual again I found the option is to manually lock the car using the emergency key. This locks the vehicle but doesn't set the alarm.
    Bit of a performance but now done, just got to phone the dealer tomorrow and book it in.

• Guy
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I had exactly the same problem about six months ago (I think I even posted something about it at the time). NS bonnet catch and sensor were replaced under warranty. No further problems. ISTR the dealer saying it was a known issue. They did the replacement super-quickly when I pointed out there was no way to leave the car locked... Smile (I didn't know about the manual lock and they didn't suggest it!)
  • TazDaz
    England 

Alarm [false] activation {now SOLVED]

Thanks to all for your input re this.
    Called dealer this morning but earliest appointment was 5th February !!! Rolling with laughter

Phoned Land Rover Assistance, very pleasant lady took my details and promised me an engineer by 2.30pm today.

He actually arrived at 2.15pm and was a really cheerful, helpful chap. Very Happy
    Told us this was a known issue with a microswitch and replaced the part pretty quickly.

Well pleased with their service Thumbs Up Thumbs Up plus I now know how to disable the alarm but still locking the car which answers my question on this thread https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread1681.html

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum