Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Rikster23
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Service plan

Happy New Year everyone!

So i was at my deakers’s, paying the next instalment on my deposit (SDV6 HSE Lux due in March) and was looking at getting the service plan added... but the dealer couldn’t frover website... and nor can I now. I swear it was there a couple of weeks ago.

Have LR stopped doing service plans now?

MY2019 HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 - Corris grey, Dynamic Pack, Black contrast roof, Adaptive Dynamics, Electric Tow Pack
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I noticed this missing from the options too.

Had it on tdv6 in feb, but that car got rejected. Now have replacement sdv6. Dealer tells me the service pack has been added to that too, but no docs received just yet. Took about a month last time so will chase up shortly if not received soon, but I must admit to wondering if I will actually have the service plan.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I had this problem on another LR I purchased in March last year. Not on the configurator, yet it was easily purchased and was shown on the final invoice. Likewise, I waited months for the documentation to arrive like it did with the one before that, but it never arrived. Eventually I checked with another main dealership and my car was on the system for having it.

When I purchased the D5 in the late summer, I could have purchased a service plan for that, but decided against it based on the fact I hadn’t used it apart from Ad Blu top ups on the previous two LRs before I got rid of them, therefore it was a complete waste of money. Each to their own, but if you shop around, you normally find your local dealership will price match on servicing and therefore it’s six and two threes on outlay.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

The first dealer I went to didn't mention the service plan, I'm sure it wasn't on the website configurator. To keep the dealer honest I went to another for a quote on the same vehicle built to spec. He said it was a no brainer and included it in his quote which still came out well below the first dealers.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Dealerships peddle it because of the commission they get to be honest which makes their opinion biased.
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 

The dealer is "looking into it" at the moment. It would be £825 if they can sort it.

is it just me or does this seem like a no brainer? I'm taking the car on a 4 year PCP... so with annual servicing won't I have made the money back after 2 years?

Cheers

Rik

MY2019 HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 - Corris grey, Dynamic Pack, Black contrast roof, Adaptive Dynamics, Electric Tow Pack
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Dunno, I used to barter annual services for the D4. I could have got 3 for that sort of money. It depends on exactly what involved. Two oil changes and two services or four full services?
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

In Australia, the service plan is $2,000. But considering services are around $800 on average, keeping the car for 4 years it makes sense. Even if I didn't use the 2 last services, they are mentioned on TOPIX as "outstanding campaigns" so it might be a good selling feature as well.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

I spoke to Conwy dealership about it in December.
    they said that even though I hadn't bought the car from them I could take out a 5 year plan with them anytime up to three months after the car was registered.
    cost for that plan is £850

I bought my car from Inchscape Chester - when I asked about it the sales guy said leave it till about a month after taking delivery of the car because it won't be on their system until then.
    I'll give it a month and then ask them for a quote.

Do you have to get the car serviced at the dealership where you buy the plan?
    I'm guessing you do?

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I think you can get it serviced at any dealer.
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, I think the plan covers servicing at any LR service centre.

Fingers crossed it comes back on in the next few months...

Thanks guys

• JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I added the service plan at my local dealer about a week after it was delivered from the supplying dealer (not the same dealership). No problem, the paperwork turned up in the post about 3 weeks later.

Apparently you can take out a service plan until the car is 3 months old. It cost £850.

The only annoying thing is that I'll only get 3 services on the plan because of the 50000 mile limit whereas if I only did 10000 miles per year I'd get 5 services. However, even for 3 services it's still good value compared to paying individually.

SWMBO took out a service plan for her Evoque with the supplying dealer but has the work done at the local one - no problem.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

In truth, I’ve not kept a car longer than a couple of years. I got close to having one serviced, but traded it in before it required it. Can’t think I’ll keep the D5 any longer.
  • StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

The service plan can be added onto to vehicle after purchase, I can't remember but I thought it was up to 60 days afterwards

I would recommend everyone to get this as a single service can be £500+ so you quickly get your money back. Also it's a massive selling point if you ever want to part with the vehicle during the plan period.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Couldn’t say it was a massive selling point, but that’s just an opinion. Everything else being equal, I’d go for the one with a service plan, but if the other one had nicer alloys, I’d go for that.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum