Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Fire Extinguisher - where to mount it?

Since getting the D5, my fire extinguisher has just been packed in the boot with all of my work stuff. I should probably get around to mounting it properly somewhere.

The boot probably isn't the best place because it's full of work kit, behind the cargo divider and if there was an electrical failure I wouldn't be able to get at it.

Somewhere in the cabin is probably a better option but it would need to be out of the way but still easily accessible and securely mounted to ensure that it doesn't become a missile in the event of a collision or dislodge when bouncing around off-road.

Where have you guys mounted yours?

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Labbix

At the door side next to the passengers feet, just above the carpet
  • Labbix

I have my steering wheel at the left, might be a difference because it’s at the drivers side that the release handle for the bonnet is positioned, so not in the way for the extinguisher which is at the right side.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

LR did one, and there were fitting instructions on gear.landrover.com for it. It was mounted in front of the passenge's seat close to the floor from memory. I can't find these fitting instructions any more on the accessories website but if I can PM a PDF file I can send you the instructions from the workshop manual.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I presume that it's not possible to buy the mounting plate on its own? The list price for the fire extinguisher with fitting kit is £137 Shocked

I already have a suitable extinguisher but it's not a LR one.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I have looked at the fitting instructions and maybe I am thick but in one picture it shows the extinguisher attached to the floor with the extinguisher facing up and then another picture shows it attached to a flat bit in front of the seat with the extinguisher facing forwards so it would appear, to me, that there are two places to choose from ??
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I think it is the bracket that is attached to the flat bit in front of the seat. The bracket (C) has a 90 degree angle down and the fire extinguisher holder is bolted to the front of that bracket.

The measurements for the template to use to cut the carpets are included, I guess it wouldn't take a metal shop long to make up a bracket.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum