Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

PedalBox+ "review"

Hi guys, i've got the pedalbox+ installed on my SD4 and here is a little install and test of it. excuse the crappy video. i hope it helps.

"Now honestly it’s crap ok sorry for that but hopefully it will help clear some doubts.
    My thoughts on it 💭

It’s SUPER simple to install as you will see (u just need a 7mm socket, tie wraps (optional) & i suggest you get better double sided tape or stick on velco) & just as easy to use. U click the circle to toggle through the 4 modes, City, Sport, Sport + & Off. And use the +/- buttons to further adjust the set mode, up to +3 or -3.

Would i buy it again after using it? I most definitely would! If you have the V6 you probably can do without in all honesty but if you have the 2L i would recommend it. You can definitely notice/ feel the difference specially when pulling from a junction etc.. it’s a matter of playing with the settings & picking the one that suits you better or like the most.
    Atm i’m using City +3 (i changed it this morning) & i am pretty happy with how that works out for me but will probably play around with it some more.

Should you buy the PedalBox or PedalBox+?!
    Well that’s up to you really but using the phone will be minimal tbh specially as you cannot use your phone while driving so you will probably end up using the little controller until you find your preferred setting.
    If you are like me, a techy guy, you might just want the + just cos you like to have it connected to your phone.

So here it is 🙈 “enjoy” 🤣"

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Labbix

Thx for the info, but does it exist for the 3 liter? Could not find it.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

even though it's not listed it does seem to work. there is a guy in the disco 5 fb page that has it on his 3l and it's fine. remember this just changes the way the ecu sees the pedal being pressed... just makes it think ur pressing it more than u actually are sort of thing... i totally love it and glad i got it cos that annoying lag is pretty much gone (depending on the mode u decide to use)

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • PhilG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Santorini Black

Thanks for the post.
    After seeing your post and video I bought one as I was getting annoyed with the lag I was getting pulling away from junctions in my 2.0l. Still fiddling with the setting to get a feeling I am happy with, but at least it goes when I push on the accelerator and doesn’t wait for a second before moving.
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

is it making any difference to your fuel economy, given the engine thinks the pedal is being pressed "harder" ?

and did you order direct of from a UK source?

Al

Last edited by al cope on 14th May 2020 2:51 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • PhilG
    United Kingdom 

Hi Al,
    Cant say I have noticed a difference, although they aren’t the most economical things in the first place. If it is using more fuel I haven’t noticed, I have it set on the minimum “Town” setting +1 step and that seems to get rid of the put my foot down and nothing happens initially and then the car takes off like a rocket a second later feeling. It has obviously reduced the amount of pedal travel used to get the car to accelerate and increases the throttle response as a result, so until your cruising along it stands to reason it will likely be using more fuel. Setting it in Sport mode does the same thing, but it raises the engine revs by about 500 rpm which the pedal box doesn’t.

Phil
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

OK, whilst the slight lag hasnt really caused me any problems in normal driving (although my missus hates this part of the D5), where I would like a better throttle feel is when I want the car to creep, most noticeable when hitching the caravan. Sometimes I can get close, but just need the car to move a few more inches, but instead get nothing and then whoosh, more movement than i needed - fortunately I have not whacked the bumper into the 'van yet. The 3Ltr used to creep very nicely on a very light peddle, so wondering is something like this might help as well as just generally.

Did you buy your direct (at the 299Euro price) of from a UK source?

Thanks
    Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • PhilG
    United Kingdom 

I bought it direct.
    If you can live with the surge when driving the Pedal box is an expensive solution, it probably will help with creeping the car without the sudden surge of power, but I think sticking it in sport mode would likely do the same, I think the extra revs Sport mode gives would get over the inertia. So I wouldn’t buy one Just to help with hitching it up, I’d play about with the 4x4i settings if sport mode doesn’t work for you.

Phil
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum