Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Browser
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Latest Software 18D Update Suspended by JLR

I have become aware today that the latest software updates have been suspended here is an email sent to all dealers...

"We are currently seeing a large amount of issues and have decided to suspend updates to 18D. We will reassess when 19A is released shortly and advise when updates can commence again"

JLR really need to invest in some proper technologists and get this sorted, its getting embarrassing 😤😤

2019 HSE LUX
  • UrbanSplash
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Silicon Silver

I’ve not had any issues with 18c so far. Will hang on for the next solid release.
  • StinTov
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Silicon Silver

I’m not surprised to read this, my dealer took 4 days and 3 attempts to install S18d after it bricked the telematics unit.

Thanks for the tip off about 19A, keep an eye on ovalnews.com for the release notes.

HSE Lux, MY18, Silicon silver 3.0d
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 

Great tip thanks, since having 18D I have the following at different times.
    Menu items missing, navigation voice fixed volume, remote heater not working, remote start inconsistent, screen reboot, black screen, freezing, phone contacts random order, location app not showing car, then showing car in wrong place....car has 324 miles...

2019 HSE LUX
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I'm not being funny, but how difficult can it be to roll our a software upgrade and just test it extensively first to make sure it works.

Can you imagine the fuss if Apple, Android or Microsoft updates continually failed to function properly. OK, an occasional glitch, but when there is they tend to release a fix within days.

I genuinely believe its this poor quality and lack of attention to detail which puts a LOT of people off LR.

It cannot be difficult to put right. We aren't talking about the world's most complicated infotainment system. All I want is my reversing camera to work whenever I put the car into R. It had a software upgrade in January to fix it, and it didn't fix it (but thankfully I got ACP as part of the upgrade). I bet you don't get this with German builds!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Browser
    United Kingdom 

its simple you develop the code, then test it UAT, then roll it into production, and then be ready to roll back if you have missed something. JLR have missed the links between building tech and building cars. live apps for instance are complete rubbish, Volvo XC90 has Spotify built in as an App, JLR you have to plug your phone in !! Plug it in FFS ! utterly backward.
    JLR you cant adjust the phone ring tone sound, its like no one who built the tech has ever sat in a car ! remarkable !

2019 HSE LUX
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

They seem to have bad design issues and code quality issues. As there is relatively little integration to other systems, it's pretty inexcusable. They have the option to roll it out to staff cars first a a beta as well.

Andrew
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum