Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• hatjoepeg1
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Off to the french Alps - second row seat test?

2000 miles on the car so far and tomorrow we head down on a proper journey!

My 6ft son will be in the back with his full sized girlfriend and so I think we may be in 'first official review' territory for the second row comfort.

There is loads of room without doubt, but how comfy they are waits to be seen.

700 miles in one go there and then a week later the same journey home........if there is a fight for the front seat on the way home I will let you know. Wink

1986 90
    2017 D5
  • nerve64
    United States 

Full sized girlfriend? You Brits are so polite. Here in the US we call them fat.
  • stuart_f
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

She might just be tall? Whistle
  • Jacko
    Australia 

Hi hatjoepeg1, Have a safe trip and let us know how you go. I'm in a similar boat. Damn kids wanting to grow up. Smile
  • hatjoepeg1
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Back in one piece and i can happily say that there were no complaints from the rear!
    Traveled down with two sharing and came home with my 15 year old in the middle seat............still enough room for them all and no worries about the thickness/comfort of the middle row or the view.

The tyre pressure warning light has stopped appearing as well (or the bulb has blown)?!

4000 miles in now, still got the permagrin

1986 90
    2017 D5
  • Phil B
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Aruba

Great stuff. These real world experiences are the truth test of the comfort of the middle row, not a thirty second session inn dealership. Thanks for sharing.
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

hatjoepeg1 wrote:
    Back in one piece and i can happily say that there were no complaints from the rear!
    Traveled down with two sharing and came home with my 15 year old in the middle seat............still enough room for them all and no worries about the thickness/comfort of the middle row or the view.

The tyre pressure warning light has stopped appearing as well (or the bulb has blown)?!

4000 miles in now, still got the permagrin

Did you travel completely on the peage at 130kph? Can you tell me what mpg you got?

Thanks
  • hatjoepeg
    United Kingdom 

Sorry, no idea of the mpg.
    I stopped looking as soon as I realised that it was nowhere near the advertised !!
    About 450 miles per tank
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

No worries. Thanks for coming back to me Thumbs Up
  • norfolkmud
    United Kingdom 

Just done the 1/2 term dash to the Alps and back. No complaints at all from second row passengers age 9 and 12. Did 130ish km/h there and back on peages including a drive up the valley one day to a small resort - got the average mpg up to 34.1mpg by the time we were home on a nearly - averaged 37mpg on certain segments. Norwich to the Italian border on 1.5 tanks (2.0 engine) Drove down in convoy with friends in their 2014 D4 and they spent a lot more on fuel!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum