Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Guy
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Exterior Lights Flash in Sequence

As the subject says - I had the vehicle unlocked and the tailgate open and the rear lights went into disco mode all flashing in sequence - indicators, brake lights, reversing lights and rear fogs. The only way I could clear it was to start the car. Then it did it again when I got home.

Did I accidentally hit a key button and activate some secret alarm system? The Panic button just does hazards and horn, doesn't it? Or was it running some sort of test? I've checked the manual and searched the forum but can't find any reference to it.

Maybe connected to yesterday's service visit to the dealer...? Confused
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

Sounds like the trailer light test button was pressed?

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Do you have a towbar? Thats exactly what happens when you press the traiker lamp test button. Seems to go for ages too.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Is the test sequence available for the removable and fixed towbars or just for the deployable? Never noticed if there there was a button in the boot.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Labbix

Only for the electrical one
  • Labbix

Sorry, deployable one
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Yes I thought so, as the demonstrator we had for a week had the deployable complete with the testing function. Not sure why they could not implement it for the other types of towbars though as its a handy feature.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

mordred1973 wrote:
    Do you have a towbar? Thats exactly what happens when you press the traiker lamp test button. Seems to go for ages too.

It goes on for 3 minutes or till its cancelled by user or one of the inhibits is broken.

• Guy
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Thanks all. Thumbs Up

I have the deployable towbar and I suspect that a bag (I was loading shopping at the time) may have rolled over and hit the test button. Having never used the trailer light test, I wasn't familiar with it.

Last time something similar happened, a bag of dog food tipped and hit the 'towbar deploy' button and I had to leap out of the way sharpish! That button panel could be better placed.
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

There is a switch cover/bezel that has been added to the kit now to reduce this happening. You should ask your dealer as they should fit that if you dont have it already as a service action:

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

a small rubber lip goes around the deploy and lamp test buttons, mine also was due a softare update (and subsequently the tow bar doesn't lock every time it is deployed now!), I have to say since I usually go and collect the caravan on my own, the lamp test is very useful feature for that.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum