Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Adaptive Dynamics and ride quality

Adaptive Dynamics sounds like a must-have on my order, but I have not driven a D5 with it. I've only driven a SE on 20" wheels.

I found the RRS Dynamics very capable, especially the PHEV with its instant torque. I'm assuming from that and the LR brochure detail that a D5 will be much flatter in cornering with this option.

For anyone that has driven both, especially on the same wheels, is there any negative to Adaptive Dynamics - does it make any difference to ride quality? I'll be ticking the box on a HSE Lux on standard 21s.

Any info, much appreciated. I wouldn't be exploring this in such detail if I wasn't kicking my heels waiting for Portofino Blue to be available so that I can sign off my order (again) Very Happy
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

I've driven both on 20"
    There's a significant difference.

I understand that AD is configurable on RRS
    It's not configurable on D5 in fact you can't turn it on and off which would allow you to feel the difference.
    Smile

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Dodlestonian, Is that for the worse or for the better? As you specced it, I guess you preferred it? Smile
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

I don't notice much difference if you drive sedately but It's definitely a nicer drive when you put your foot down, it drives like a smaller car.

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Thanks...that's just what I was hoping - still a loping, comfy Disco at slow speeds, but a bit less head toss on a winding but quick A-road.
  • Slug
    United Kingdom 

Are the adaptive dynamics ON all the time, or is it something you have to select every time you get in the vehicle?
    Is it worth it? £800!!
    Trying to configure a D5 that works for me.
  • Labbix

Apparently it’s on all the time and to me it’s a yes, I will definitely take it on my next D5, not that the current one is not driving well, it does feel very stable, but with the AD it will improve a lot I suppose. Have it on my other cars and it really makes a difference.
  • Simon S
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

When I saw this thread originally I thought adaptive dynamics was standard on HSE, because it sounds like something I would have ordered, but didn't recall seeing as an option so assumed I would have it on my car (HSE Commercial) but as I read updates to the thread I started to panic thinking I'd missed a thing I would have liked to add......sooooo I just checked the MY19 Commercial Specification and Price Guide from which I placed my order, and can find no mention at all of Adaptive Dynamics as an option?!?! Anyone know if it's standard on a commercial for some reason?

Simon S
    3.0 HSE SDV6 Commercial in Carpathian Grey
  • Labbix

I don’t think so, but ask your dealer. Here, in Albania, we can’t even order it on the non-commercial D5, so again very market specific.
  • RAW
    England 

Simon S wrote:
    When I saw this thread originally I thought adaptive dynamics was standard on HSE, because it sounds like something I would have ordered, but didn't recall seeing as an option so assumed I would have it on my car (HSE Commercial) but as I read updates to the thread I started to panic thinking I'd missed a thing I would have liked to add......sooooo I just checked the MY19 Commercial Specification and Price Guide from which I placed my order, and can find no mention at all of Adaptive Dynamics as an option?!?! Anyone know if it's standard on a commercial for some reason?

It’s an £800 option on the commercial HSE , I am in the process of putting an order together and ticked the box. Go on the build your own on the Landrover site and it is there Thumbs Up
  • Simon S
    United Kingdom 

I can't even find a "build your Land Rover" for the Discovery Commercial??? I know the option is there for the discovery, but there was no mention of it anywhere in the downloadable Spec and Price guide Sad

Simon S
  • RAW
    England 

Select commercial then its gives options

Thumbs Up
  • Simon S
    United Kingdom 

Oh! My blunder looks like I've always been using a preconfigured vehicle rather than starting a new one so I never had the option of a commercial on the car builder!!

Cheers for help

Simon S
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum