Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Land Rover cars recalled for excessive CO2 emissions

Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) is recalling 10 different models of car with either a 2.0-litre diesel or 2.0-litre petrol engine. This is after routine testing found these cars ‘do not consistently achieve the certified levels’ of CO2.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/03/jagua...emissions/
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

Just read this on my news feed and noted:

JLR says owners may experience minor changes to the ‘overall vehicle experience’, and that certain 2016-2017 Range Rover Evoque models will need new tyres fitted.

Wonder how it will feel different? Subdued performance?

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Labbix

Even for the D5 Low Rolling Resistance tyres will be fitted to 20MY to reduce CO2, how it will effect the ride, no idea. But I think that with the current recall, as with VW/Audi before, they will alter the engines settings, with lower power/torque as a result and that for sure will change the ‘driver experience’
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

that list doesnt have the 2ltr Diesel in the D5 as part of the recall. I know the 2018 D5 has 240BHP and 500NM torque, but the 2019 2Ltr in the D5 has 440 Nm. I wonder if thats part of the emmisions stuff

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • LancsLad
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Hmmm interesting.

Glad I got the 3.0L, a 2.0L with less torque?? Rolling Eyes

Theres only one way these recalls will affect cars...and ain't going to be increasing performance Whistle

Santorini Black MY 18 HSE Dynamic BLACK TDV6
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

yes, on paper theres a notable reduction in the (useless) 0-60 MPH on the DSport between 2018 and 2019, haven't checked the D5 but on the basis of a 15% reduction in Torque I assume similar reduction in performance (and there's me wishing I had the SD6 rather than TD6 for the extra torque lol)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

LancsLad wrote:

Glad I got the 3.0L, a 2.0L with less torque?? Rolling Eyes

The original Disco 3 had the same 440Nm of torque but was 600kg heavier than the 2.0 D5 ...nobody moaned in those days Whistle Wink
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

I don't get it. Evoque, Disco Sport and F-Pace have the same 2.0L Ingenium Diesel (150 / 180 bhp). But they recall only Evoques? o_O

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • DG
    United Kingdom 

They don't all have the same mapping though ...maybe that's a factor?
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Posted on another forum, somone has said that this is not the diesel cars and only affects the petrol models. This is what they were told when they took theirs in

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

I have just ordered an e-pace for my wife. It is the 2l petrol. Will it be affected by this recall?
  • DG
    United Kingdom 

I understand it's retrospective so you should be ok Thumbs Up
  • DiscoStu
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

DG wrote:
    They don't all have the same mapping though ...maybe that's a factor?

It’s nothing to do with the engines (sort of!) - CO2 emissions are impacted by the vehicle, exhaust system, rolling resistance and the mapping applied. Base engine will stay the same.

Only 44,000 engines affected, I suspect a lot, lot more were made during that 2 year period.

MY19 Silver HSE Lux SDV6
    MY19 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux SDV6 - gone, MY18 Carpathian Grey HSE Lux TDV6 - gone
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Interesting, if the modification changes from what was originally advertised re torque, I’d say there is good grounds for rejection of the vehicle.
  • RDR
    United Kingdom 

It will be interesting to watch what happens here, VW's issues being an example where cars had their performance reduced and then in some countries customers got compensation as the car was no longer the specification they purchased.

MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten, MY12 HSE - Gone, MY16 HSE Luxury - Gone, D5 MY20 D5 HSE - Gone
    MY23 Range Rover PHEV
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum