Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

I have a short show plate on mine - think it looks better than normal long plate

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Looks good, just now so good that I could be bothered to replace the normal plate. Is it not getting a bit anal over something you don’t see when driving it?

See you’ve got the same combo, side steps etc. as me apart from mine is black on black rather than grey.
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Dangerdave.. I know the no plate is on the arse end of the disco, but don't you think anal's a bit strong ? Laughing seriously though, I can't think of one car marque/version that hasn't had some sort of 'custom' part manufactured for it to pamper to the owner's desire to personalise their own to be different to the norm.

3.0 HSE. climate HUD active diff. elec towbar. FBH and timed climate.Capability plus pack.split TV. surround sound. Intelligent seating. adaptive lights, wade sensing. 360 cameras.pro pack.cooler.advanced tow, auto park,activity key+ more!!!!
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

That's very true Harrythespider, the BMW world is full of people replacing chrome grilles with black ones, for instance. Plus a million other changes of increasingly bad taste!
  • Darling
    United Kingdom 

al cope wrote:
    I have a short show plate on mine - think it looks better than normal long plate

Al

Al do you have a short plate on the front, I’ve have short plates but i have the number plate holder on the front and as yet i’ve Not taken the front plate off and the plinth to see how the plinth is mounted - i think i’ll End up with 4 holes just were I don’t want them.

Can you add a front photo up so i can see what it looks like.

D
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Front plinth has 4 screws which go directly into the bumper.

(Was initially removed by the detailer, when we got the ceramic coating applied, as wanted the whole bumper protected, as was not going to use the plinth with the shortened plates in a few months time, so original long plate was screwed back on).

Took it off again, when fitting the shortened plates, but as plates didn't cover the holes like the full size one did, ended up putting the plinth back on, and fixed the plate using sticky pads directly onto it.

I suppose you could always use 4 grommets if you dont want to use the plinth. I feel leaving the plinth on gives a bit more protection, if some one accidentally rolled back into you. Acts like a buffer zone, if that makes sense, as opposed to having no plinth at all, and ending up with a cracked or scraped bumper.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Darling
    United Kingdom 

My car is the same colour as Al’s so i was going to speak to the detailer who will have my car at the start of December and see if he can fill the holes and then touch in the holes so i can fit the shorter plate.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Know I tried to get the dealer to put on a “normal” sized rear number plate prior to collection and they said LR were strict on this and couldn’t do anything for me. I think they were telling pork pies, but it doesn’t bother me as I’ve said before.
  • Whippetman
    England 

I have enjoyed mine for over 9 months now and I don’t have any problem with the rear plate.
    In fact I think it’s very individual and distinctive.
    Not DS, Evoque,Velar or RRS Very Happy

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

sorry, only just noticed question to me - no, I only have a short plate on the rear, I have a standard long plate on the front

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum