Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

D5Comm wrote:
    Hmmm,

1 week into my order and I'm panicking now. I suspect the dealer needs it in December to reach that quarters target? You could just say you don't want it if thats the case and see what they say?

Or ask about them putting a 4th years warranty on it?

One quote I had had got the Year 4 warranty cost added into the total price. Firstly I was annoyed and secondly I didn't think it was doing the credibility of a new Discovery many favours.
    Plus, if you flog it after 3 years you've paid for someone else warranty.

I'm only intending to keep mine for 30 months so an extended warranty wouldn't do me much good.

Following three factory visits in the past few weeks I can assure you that the wait is well worth it. Particularly if you can pick it up at the factory as I'm doing.
    Honestly they treat you like royalty

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Labbix

Was the discovery production not going to the Nitra plant by now? So yours must have been one of the last made in Britain!
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Hi Labbix
    I mentioned that to the guys there.
    They said although the new factory has started production they're not making D5's there yet and production of the D5 isn't expected to begin there until March 2019 at the earliest.
    They said even then production of the D5 is likely to continue for many months, slowly reducing as the production ramps up abroad.

Of course I can't verify any of this but this is what I was told.

Rgds
    AJ

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Well, after a torturous order / fulfillment / hand-over process, the car has finally shown up. Love the car and looking forward to a London - Snowdonia - London run this w/e. Apologies for the crap photos (with the car still in off-road height after fitting the side steps from Direct 4x4).

Andrew
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Looks really nice - thank goodness it's not a foot longer! Wink

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 

Or even an inch Laughing Opening the tailgate from the fob can take a passerby's head off. Unfortunately it is destined to live at the side of the road when my toy comes back. Sad

Andrew
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

I wouldn't want to park a car as nice as that on the road... Can't you just trim your bush, so to speak, and make more room?!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Lovely car, glad that they found it! Enjoy Cool

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 

747_JK wrote:
    I wouldn't want to park a car as nice as that on the road... Can't you just trim your bush, so to speak, and make more room?!

One space and too many cars! Unfortunately this one is second in the pecking order.

Trimming my bush is a subject for another website altogether. Laughing

Andrew
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Intrigued to know what car trumps a D5 in the pecking order?

• chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 

A Ford Puma, of course!

Andrew
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum