Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• IndusD4
    Australia 

I would snatch using the recovery eyes, both front and rear. But snatching doesn't mean you need to floor it and stretch the strap to its max. Be sensible and give it a little tug first, then a bit harder if required. More often than not a little tug is all that is needed to get someone out.

Some cars have 2 recovery points at the front or rear, in which case you'd use an equaliser strap to lessen the impact on the chassis.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • al cope
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

Do you actually need to "snatch" pull. The (very) few times I've helped someone who's been stuck (last time was a camper van stuck in mud) I just eased forward until the strap was taut, then eased the throttle (in low range) so it was a continuous gentle pull. Did the job OK.

Al

Now gone - D5 HSE 2Ltr in Corris with black roof, black & dynamic packs & 22" black alloys, a bit of a change after 2 D3's and 2 D4's Smile
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

No you don't have to. If it works like you mentioned then that's perfect. Which is why I said you start with a little tug and only go a little harder next time if needed. As long as the car is not up to the chassis in mud you can probably "slide" it out by just pulling (as you did). Though if it is stuck to the chassis you'll find the mud sucks the car down and it would be winch time as snatching would probably not help at all.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum