Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Rikster23
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

HSE Luxury

Hi All,

Well, on Saturday I ordered a 3.0 SDV6 HSE Luxury in Corris grey. I had a D4 a couple of years ago and loved it, right up until my wife wrote it off!

I liked the D5 but the td6 engine and the lack of a digital dash put me off so now that these things have been rectified, it seemed like a good time to go for it. Should come in March ready for a 19 plate.

Spec as follows:

Corrie grey
    Dynamic pack 2
    Black contrast roof
    20” 5011 alloys in silver
    Adaptive headlights
    Adaptive dynamics
    Activity band
    Driver assist pack
    Wade sensing
    Privacy glass
    Black roof rails
    Electrically deployable tow pack
    Cooler compartment
    Mud flaps
    Electrically deployable side steps

I got a pretty awesome deal with carwow but even so I know that this makes no financial sense... particularly things like the side steps... this was very much a heart purchase, not a head one. But hey ho... sometimes you’ve got to just follow your heart... and as soon as I drove it and sat in it, I loved it!

Bring on March!

Cheers

Rik

Last edited by Rikster23 on 27th Nov 2018 11:07 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • D5Comm
    United Kingdom 

Is the digital dash just available on HSE on MY19 cars?
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 

It’s standard on HSE and HSE Lux but available as an option on S and SE... it’s pretty nice too!
  • D5Comm
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 

How exciting...!

I got home today to find a package, about the size of a hard back book, had been delivered. It was a rather nice dark green box, the slide slid out to reveal a letter from Land Rover thanking me for my purchase, a rather nice hand drawing of a discovery and a leather book about Land Rovers...

I know it’s not much, but little surprises like that do make a difference!

Anyone else get one?
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Yes. I got that too.

All very nice, but I would rather they put a bit more effort into getting their cars to work as they should.

Hope yours is a good one. Sounds very similar to mine apart from colour. I went for carpathian.
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 

Fingers crossed mine will be ok. The D5 will have been out for over 2 years by the time it arrives. Hopefully the Beta testing will be complete by then!
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

My thoughts too...but then how soon before the facelift by which time it will be out of date?

And no - I didn't get anything through the post...

Andrew
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 

True re the facelift, but given land rover’s facelift history, including by the looks of it the “new” DS... i’m Not sure i’ll Really be able to tell the difference anyway!
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 

Thought i’d Post an update...

My car was originally due to be delivered on the 5th of March... which I was very excited about. The trade in for my old car (Peugeot partner tepee) was pretty poor so I sold it privately and the lovely family who bought it were due to pick it up on Sunday just gone. On Thursday last week it turned out that the delivery date for my car had been pushed back by 2 weeks!

Now, this could have gone 2 ways... it could have been and awful experience, in reality, it was very good. I couldn’t delay the sale so the dealer (Harwoods in Lewes) found a courtesy MY19 D5 and I picked that up yesterday, the day I should have had my car. Peter, at the dealership, has been great and did all of this without being promoted, took into account my need for many seats and picked me up from the station.

Onto the car, it is an HSE (mine will be an HSE Luxury) and a 2.0 deisel, (mine is 3.0)... it crikey, what a lovely car. So comfortable, smooth and generally lovely. The 2.0 isn’t quite as powerful as I would like but it is certainly adequate and not underpowered. Everything seems to work perfectly and is very well put together.

Can’t wait to get my actual car! But big thumbs up to Peter and Harwoods of Lewes.

Cheers

Rik

MY2019 HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 - Corris grey, Dynamic Pack, Black contrast roof, Adaptive Dynamics, Electric Tow Pack
  • BlackDog
    United Kingdom 

You'll love it and the Sd6 is a cracking engine. I too have the Corris Grey and it suits the car and is the safe and sensible choice. I did consider the Namib but maybe next time. Laughing

Hse Lux SDV6
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Rikster23 wrote:
    Thought i’d Post an update...

On Thursday last week it turned out that the delivery date for my car had been pushed back by 2 weeks

Same here. Was due to pick it up on 1st, but was postponed 2 weeks at the last moment. It all seemed to be a bit of a surprise to the dealer - the fact that we were travelling some distance and this might be a bit inconvenient (never mind train ticket costs and the cost of taking a day off) and the fact that the car hadn't turned up, and the fact that getting a Discovery delivered now involves a ship. It's like the organisation of a village fete. All very well meaning but a bit amateurish.

Andrew
  • Rikster23
    United Kingdom 

Well, a couple of weeks ago I picked up my new Disco... and wow... what an amazing car!

I'll post some more of my thoughts about it in the My Discovery 5 section, but here are some pics... I honestly couldn't be happier with it.

MY2019 HSE Luxury 3.0 SDV6 - Corris grey, Dynamic Pack, Black contrast roof, Adaptive Dynamics, Electric Tow Pack
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Nice looking car Rik, enjoy!

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

I like the fact there’s still not many about.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum